Chapter 4

AN: this weekend two chapters each night, hope you enjoy and please don't forget to give feedback.

Paul's POV:

An hour later I was pacing the waiting room of the hospital; 30 minutes ago the paramedics had arrived and gave Ng the first aid, while I took my daughter in my arms. One paramedic said something about Ng not breathing so they had to move quickly.

They took Ng to the hospital, Caleb and I followed, while Stephanie took Meadow to my parent's house.

The only thing the doctor told us once we arrived was they had to operate as soon as possible, leaving no room for questions.

"Luckily Ng was there to stop Jason, who knows what would've happened if she didn't get there. She saved my niece". My brother said.

I stopped pacing and turned to him. Sitting down next to him I rubbed my face and sighed.

"Yeah, I'm glad she was there".

"Why was she there in the first place and who is she, if I may ask"? Caleb asked.

"She's a friend of Vin's new girlfriend Elizabeth and one of the CEO's of Nanny Diaries".

"The business that takes care of nanny's?" Caleb said. I nodded, but saw my brother was still confused.

"Ng, Beth, Vin's girlfriend, or their other friend Jenessa have to look at the house their nanny's will live in. Normally the parents bring the children with them, but Meadow was at Mom and Dad's place; so we agreed to meet at my place today".

"And somehow she managed to get your attention". Caleb finished. I just looked at him.

"Come on bro, I've seen how you looked at her. And when she passed out, the color drained from your face; you can't deny there are no feelings involved". He smiled.

"True, we met Friday night. When Vin wanted to go to a club and introduce us to his girlfriend. Negin or Ng as we all call her, came along with Jenessa. She didn't do anything to catch my attention; I just couldn't stop and stare at her". I smiled thinking back to last Friday.

"A bit later we started talking about her business, and she agreed to meet me the next day, so we could take a look at some nanny's for Meadow. Yes she's 14, but I'm away for the movie next week and I can't keep relaying on mom and dad. Then Ng ran out, because her ex was there. Saturday Vin took me to their house and then we agreed she would come over today. Saturday noon we spent some time at my beach part and got to know each other. But she wanted to take things slow". I explained.

"Paul". Hearing my name I looked up and saw Beth, Jess, Vin and my other brother Cody entering the waiting room.

"As soon as Stephanie and Meadow arrived at our parents place; they said something about a girl you know, being brought to the hospital. I called Vin to ask if he knew something more, so here we are". Cody explained.

"What happened, where's Ng"?! Beth asked.

"They took her up to surgery; she got into a fight with a guy that was bothering my daughter". I said.

"How's Meadow? Ng got into a fight"? Vin asked surprised.

"Meadow is a bit shaken up and yeah she did". I said.

"I'll see if I can find out something". Cody, who's a paramedic, said and walked away.

"That's typical Ng". Jess muttered, sitting down; I looked at her not understanding.

"If Ng sees someone is in trouble, she will always help. She doesn't care if she gets hurt, as long as the other person in need is ok". Jess told us.