Chapter 24

Today it's Saturday, the second weekend Paul is gone. I'm wearing a long fade jeans and a black tank top.

Putting my converse shoes on, I keep hoping today is gonna go without a hitch.

The doorbell rings and I stand up to open it.

"Hey Ng, you ready for the toy collecting"? Jesse asks me grinning.

"I think so, not sure what to expect though". I smile back at him.

"Well, people will bring toys they don't need anymore, but that are still of use. We'll collect them all, to give to poor children, like in Haiti and the Philippines".

"Ok". I nodded and together we walked to Jesse's car.

"Here, you gonna need this one". He said handing me a black t-shirt with the logo of ROWW on.

"Thanks". I grinned and pulled it over my tank top.

After 30 min, we arrived at a parking lot, where lots of cars and people are. Jesse drives up to a security guy and shows his id. The man nods and lets him trough.

"This is the private part, where people from ROWW work and park". Jesse told me, stopped his car and stepped out.

He introduces me to a man and a woman, who came with the toy collecting idea and before I know it, I'm accepting toys from people who brought it over.

Some ask for my autograph or picture, recognizing me from the premiere of last month.

************

At night I'm on the phone with Paul and telling him how great the day went.

"You won't believe how many toys we've gathered, at least 40 pallets full. 20 will go to Haiti and the other 20 will go to the Philippines". I told him proudly.

"Jesse called me earlier on and he told me what a great job you did; not only with the people, but also with the press that came; talking about the reason we're collecting toys and promoting ROWW. Thank you so much babe, this means so much for me". Paul said.

"That was nothing; I just told them the truth". I said shyly.

Paul sighed and I asked him what was wrong. He told me missed me and that the filming had stumbled on some problems; but that he didn't want to bore me with it.

"How is the wedding planning going"? He asked, changing the subject.

"The invitations are sent; when I was in the bakery, the lady there asked me if we had chosen a color theme for the wedding and Jesse suggested having the color blue, but dark blue, since both Paul and me love that color. The invitations and RSVP cards are also dark blue, but with white letters". I told him.

"What about the venue"?

"Erm, there isn't one"? I said.

"Huh, why"? Paul asked me.

"Cause I thought it would be better to rent a big tent and put it in the sand. I've found beautiful white drapes for the celling, together with lots of small white lights. Sarah, Jake's sister gave me that idea and she gave me the number of a good furniture rental business. They told me, they will dress the tables with white linen and also the chairs. Over the white linen, they will add a dark blue strap and a bow around the chairs, which also will be covered in white linen. They also told me, they'd take care of the chairs outside and the arch where we will stand during the ceremony. All we have to do is giving the menu to the caterer and plan our bachelor and bachelorette party". I explained.

Breathe! That were a lot of words in one breath... my inner voice sounded surprised, but I ignored her.

"What about the rings, we're still choosing them together I hope"? Paul said.