SEVEN~GIVING HER FLOWERS

~JACKSON~

She walked away from me. I hate it when she fucking walks away from me.

Almost as much as when she flinched from me, throwing her arms up as if she needed to protect her face.

The memory of that burns.

Pieces are starting to come together.

Why she is so distant. Why she won't let me in.

Why her apartment looks like she is moving out and not in.

Something fucking happened to her, and I will figure it out.

She wouldn't have acted that way otherwise.

I can't bare the thought that she is suffering, that she is sad, but I know she is.

I hear the door to my office slowly open to reveal Charlie.

"Boss, I've got an update on Gresham." My attention immediately goes from the pen on my desk, to him.

I sit up and nod, indicating that I want him to continue.

"He is here sir,"

"Explain," I spit out.

I feel my fists tighten as they ball up.

"Boss, he's in New York. We have a spotter who saw Gresham in Brooklyn at some nightclub. There were at least a dozen of his men armed around the club. He wouldn't risk being seen there over nothin." He says. Determination showing across his face. He wanted to catch Gresham almost as much as I do. Almost. 

Why would he get off in Atlanta and then show back up in Brooklyn.

To fucking mess with you, I tell myself.

"Figure out what he is up to," I say as I stand up and nod for him to leave. 

***Flashback

"Boss...this came for you," Brian says.

I nod for Brian to bring it to me. I watch as his body stiffens the moment my eyes meet his.

Anything sent to me has to be closely examined by my men.

"What?" I ask. No one answers, not even Brian. "I said, what the fuck is it?" I ask again, raising my voice.

As he hands it to me, I slowly plug it into my computer.

"It's your mother sir..." My heart begins to stop as my eyes make their way to the screen in front of me.

The video begins and all I see is darkness before a light is turned on, revealing my mother.

Immediately my teeth clench at her state. My body becomes rigid as I tightly grip the side of the desk. She has bruises across her face and dried blood running from her forehead to her cheek.

"What the fuck is this!" I yell, walking over and grabbing him by the shirt before raising my fist at him.

"Boss, it's G-Gresham," He says as my grip on him tightens.

Before I can say anything else, I hear my mother's voice.

I let go of Brian as I turn back to the screen.