ELEVEN~RUNNING

(For those who read this chapter before, please know that I edited the end. It did not feel right to me so I changed it. Thank you for your understanding and patience!)

~DELILAH~

"He was a bad man."

---

We just stand here, staring at one another.

His eyes are fixed on mine.

As if my words had us both stuck in place.

How long have we been stuck like this, I do not know.

I just hope it never ends.

I don't want to talk. 

I don't want him to know. 

I just want silence. 

Complete silence.

I want to look into his eyes for as long as I can, even if I know I don't deserve to.

I am taken out of my thoughts and our eyes break away from one another when I hear a knock on the door.

Just as it has many times before, my heart begins to race. Even with Jackson here, I still fear the worst. The inevitable. That one day, it won't be Cassie or Jackson knocking....it'll be him.

Jackson notices my state of panic and walks over to me, kissing me on the forehead.

"Del, I want you to tell me about him-" He avoids saying his name, already knowing it hurts for me to hear it. "-I will try to be patient, for you, okay, but it's hard to be patient when it comes to you." I nod slowly before he makes his way to the door. This man.

 As he places his hand on the door nob, he looks back at me to make sure I am okay. I nodd, giving him assurance and permission.

He opens the door to reveal the same blonde I know as my friend.

"Deli-oh...Hi-is Delilah here?"

I watch as Jackson nods, stepping aside to let her in.

"Hey Cass," I say, noticing her eyes widen and smile as she looks from me to Jackson.

"Is he the guy with the sunflowers?" she asks.

I nodd and give her a small smile.

"Ah so you're the Jackson..." she turns to face him.

As I look at them both, I notice how well they would look together, fit together. Her blonde, tall, model figure with his tough, and masculine, muscular frame.

Looking to my left in the mirror, somehow I find myself comparing myself to her. What if he likes her more? What if she is prettier to him? Why if-

I quickly look away from the mirror and find my eyes focused on the ground.

Stop Delilah, just stop.

My eyes move to Jackson and I mentally curse myself as he just saw me catch myself in the mirror. He reads me well, and I am not sure how to feel about that.