SIX~INSTINCT

~DELILAH~

My mind plays over Jackson's words from that night.

This...this is why. Your eyes, your lips, your voice...I can't stay away from you Delilah. I just fucking can't okay?

How I wanted him so badly that night, but knew I just couldn't let myself have him.

When I am around him, everything in me, all of my fears, they vanish. My body can't help but move towards him and ease at his touch.

I try not to feel this way towards him.

I don't want him to know me. Really know me.

Because then, he might not like what he finds, and that is what really scares me.

The rest of that night with him was quiet. We ate the best Italian food I have ever had, before he left. Just left.

It's been a few days and I haven't heard anything from him. He hasn't come back to the cafe either.

I find myself looking for him each day without meaning to.

I look down at my watch. It's getting pretty late now. Luckily, I didn't have work today. I was actually given a day off.

The cafe is now under new management. Joe stopped coming to work. There were some rumors that he was fired and other rumors that he quit. Either way, I, fortunately, haven't seen him since.

Our new Manager, Frank, is much nicer. He looks scary, but he really isn't.

I know Jackson had something to do with Joe not working here anymore. I can feel it.

"Hey girlie, you gonna make me stand out here all day? Jeez." I hear Cassie call from the hallway.

Oh crap, I must not have heard her. Too caught up in my own thoughts.

I stand up off the couch and walk over to the door, opening it to reveal my best friend. Well, my only friend.

"Sorry Cass, I didn't hear you-" I say as I look down at her very revealing outfit.

Her hair is all the way down and curly. Her outfit is tight on her body. A dress a dark shade of blue. She is even more taller than me in her heels.

"Okay so hear me out..."

I already know where this is headed.

"Cass you know-"

"Yeah, I know you have been either copped up in this apartment or at work the past few months. Come on Delilah, come out to the club with me, just for one night. You deserve to have a little fun and forget about that stupid ex-fiance of yours." If only she knew...

I stand there and stare at her for a moment while she sticks out her bottom lip, pretending to pout, and holds her hands together while looking at me with puppy dog eyes.

She has been nothing but a great friend since we met...I feel bad even wanting to say no.

I let out a sigh.

"Just this once, I mean it-"

"Oh my gosh, this is going to be so much fun! Okay okay, now we need to fix you up."

She says placing one hand on her hip and the other on her chin as she looks at me,

I look down at my jeans and T-shirt.

"Can't I just go in this?"

The minute the words leave my lips, Cassie laughs harder than I have ever heard her laugh before.