17 - Zara

Two weeks after
Lagos.

They say life happens fast when you're in love and trust me that was exactly what was happening in my life.

After I said yes to being Divine's girlfriend, our relationship changed drastically. He always sent me flowers, gifts, every single opportunity was spent talking on phone fir hours, we texted basically every seconds, we were basically floating on cloud nine cupid got nothing on us!

"Divine?" I called from the lawn, I'd been at his house since morning.

"Outside!" He shouts back.

I smile and followed his voice through the glass house.

Divine was seating on a stretcher facing the lawn. There was a bottle of Hennessey and glass on a small table beside him.

"Hi beautiful"

"Hi baby" I smile sitting on another stretcher beside him.

"You good?"he said still typing on his phone.

I quickly replied a text to Sandra asking when we would hang out, "Yes." I open Instagram and posted pictures from three days ago. I lock my phone and faced Divine.

"Divine?"

"Yes?"

"Tell me about your past" I said, he slowly look up at me back at his phone then back to me.

"Why?"

"Because I feel like I should know,you already know mine so?" I shrug. Ever since Sandra mentioned that girl weeks back I've been trying to bring up the topic but something always came up.

He sip his drink then put his phone down.

"There's me and my two siblings Precious and Ana, Ive got many cousins, aunt, uncles. My brother and dad are died" he said.

Wow told his entire life in a sentence, well said Remmy Boy!

"And your ex?"I ask. We've never spoken about his ex but I was pretty sure he had a long list of them. I mean Sandra mentioned one.

Divine scratch his head then sigh, "Ive got a few but the only one that was serious was Diane Eneje, we dated at the start of my career but it didn't last long because I found out she was cheating?"he pause "she constantly lied to me, pressured me into keeping us a secret because she was dating older men, even politicians and others, it fucked with me for a while, I found it hard to trust anyone because of her but I'm long over it."

"Awwn" I coed. "It's her loss though, to cheat on you. I mean your sweet, funny........." was that her name? The girl from Sandra story?

"Handsome?" Divine offered making me roll my eyes.

"Okay handsome. You are the best. I cant imagine why she would cheat"I say shaking my head. Some girls are too stupid and foolish. How can they cheat on him, the biggest heart guy ever also sweet too.

Divine shrug. "Its her choice anyway, I mean I wouldn't be with you if I was with her"he say.

I pinch him and stuck out my tongue at him.