Tour Trouble

Ellie was just 16 when she auditioned for the Eras tour. Despite how young she was, Taylor had been fascinated by her talent and couldn't believe the work ethic of the young girl. With many letters and paperwork sent to her mom to confirm that the teen was definitely okay to be away from her family for so long and to be under the care of each member of staff on tour while away from home it was settled. She got the job.

The departure from her family had been hard, living in Australia with her family was quite a distance from America where rehearsals took place over a year before the tour had begun. It was harder at times but it had been the girl's dream for so long, her parents always said that if she got the job to be Taylor's backup dancer they would financially support her in it and get her there.

Obviously she had been too young to live alone in a whole new place so for a while she had been roommates with another two dancers who toured too. This had always been easy despite her shy and reserved personality as it meant that they would just include her and talk to her about literally everything. No one else had seemed shy.

Her parents missed her 17th birthday as it happened to be right before the tour started. Ellie had always told them that she didn't care about her birthday however she didn't really enjoy how she celebrated it at all. She didn't care to tell anyone about when her birthday was so was thankful that no one mentioned it to Taylor. She would have made a big deal about it and that wasn't needed.

Now touring around America, Ellie began to take the hit of the tour hard. She was beginning to fit in with the older girls and found herself alone quite often in the evenings. While most of the crew went out for drinks after each show she was the only one who couldn't go with them all. Taylor often opted out in order to go home to her boyfriend, Travis who her relationship with had recently become public and quite popular. Other then Taylor though it was just Ellie.

Each hotel room she stayed at she always had to have an adult crew member with her in case anything happened. Taylor made sure of this when her and other members of the team had planned out the roommates and who would be with who.

Normally Ellie wouldn't be too bothered about being alone, she hated that she couldn't be involved but she didn't mind getting an early night after the long work days. Her anxiety levels were normally too high around show time to eat a proper meal so when she got to the hotel she wouldn't normally make sure to eat dinner then get straight to bed.

Little did she know one night would change everything.

Her friends returned one night at around 3 am banging on the door, none of them could find their room keys so decided to disrupt her sleep. As she opened the door both shoved right past her, soon taking in the room and both double beds. One sprawled across each bed Ellie was left reviewing her options. Floor or no sleep.

This time, being tired she fought back. She may have come across as rude and abrupt when she demanded they move and let her lay down however some of their comments became quite hurtful towards the girl. She understood they were drunk but somehow their words hit her hard.

"Get out of our room we didn't ask for you to be in here"

"No one even wants you on this tour so your opinion doesn't even matter"

"Go cry to your mommy, oh wait, she's not here"

Laughter broke out in the room while Ellie began sobbing, grabbing a small stuffed animal and a blanket, running out into the hall. Her sobs must have been loud as she soon noticed a hotel room door open. She looked to her right and noticed Taylor standing in a doorway wearing just a robe.

"Sweetie what's wrong?" She asked as she reached out an arm and opened the door for the girl to go in. She was quite shocked to see that Taylor had the same rooms as the dancers, she assumed that she would have a fancy suite. Of course all the rooms had been another level of fancy however she really did think that Taylor would have a whole floor to herself or something.