Blue

A/N: this is the gender reveal for the two one shots that I did called "second place" part one and two.

Sophia sat alone at the gender reveal, being so young and adorable everyone normally obsessed over her. Not today. Not at the gender reveal. She had finally accepted that maybe a little sister wouldn't be too bad so she wasn't as mad at her parents anymore. Now that everyone was here she was getting a bit fed up.

She had been told no iPad for the day but no one was paying much attention anyway. The toddler snuck inside to go find it. On the way in she passed her daddy. "Hey Tiny what are you up to?" He asked. She looked up at him and shrugged before going further inside.

The gender reveal was taking place at the back of their house. They had so much going on, bounce houses, food, ball pits, the pool. There were so many kids running around too as well as adults all catching up. She was pretty sure she hadn't even met some of the people at her house until then.

She managed to find a seat outside, now with her iPad and just curled up watching a show. Eventually she saw her mom walking over not looking too happy. "I said no to the iPad today. There's lots of kids for you to play with and enough things to keep you entertained." Taylor said as she took the iPad from the small girl.

Sophia looked like she would just burst into tears right there, she didn't want to play with those people she wanted to stay with her mommy and daddy. She just got up and followed Taylor around but Taylor soon turned around to stop her. "Sophia, you wanted the bounce house and ball pit for the day, go play. You're following me around like a lost puppy." Taylor said, placing a hand on Sophia's back.

The small girl hadn't really slept well that night and she didn't like the amount of people. She was too scared to tell her mom how scared she was so instead she just looked down. Taylor gently pulled her into a hug, placing her drink down on the grass and making sure to wrap both arms around the sensitive girl infront of her.

Sophia kept her head down but as soon as Taylor started trying to tell her that she's okay she couldn't hold any more tears in. She just started crying. Taylor looked over at Travis and frowned, signaling for him to come over. He quickly made his way to the two who were now on the floor.

Sophia wasn't even saying anything, she was silently crying still looking down at the floor while Taylor hugged her. She wouldn't return the hug or anything, just stared down. Travis picked her up to try taking her inside but she tensed and started to panic.

Taylor quickly jumped up and grabbed the small girl's hand. "Hey it's okay, it's okay Soph, you're okay. It's just daddy. Do you want to come to me?" She asked and Sophia shrugged. She wanted everyone to go, she wanted to sleep and be in her room alone but she couldn't have that.

The poor girl panicked worse when people started looking so Taylor took her from Travis and made her way inside. She went straight up to her and Travis' room where she sat down with the toddler and regulated her breathing. "What's caused all of this, Babes? What happened?" She asked.

"What did I do?" The toddler asked. She didn't understand why Taylor was trying to push her away and not let her be near to her. The only time she had spoken to her before the meltdown was when she was telling her off or to go do something else.

"You've done nothing honey, I just don't want you on your iPad. I want you to play with the other kids." Taylor told her but she shook her head and rubbed her eyes a little. That's when Taylor knew she was overtired and not happy. "Do you want to stay with mommy?" She asked and Sophia nodded.

Taylor just nodded and picked her up and went back downstairs, grabbing a new drink on the way out and finding her way to Travis. The small girl put her head down on Taylor's shoulder and closed her eyes. The small girl had a small nap and woke up just in time for the reveal.

"Do you want to cut it?" Her parents asked and she nodded, running over to the cake and grabbing the knife. They carefully helped her cut a slice out of it but when they saw the blue insides they both screamed and turned to each other both hugging.

Sophie's face dropped and she threw the knife on the floor before, just missing her parents before running off inside. Taylor and Travis had their moment and had a few chats before Taylor snuck away to go and see the upset child. "Okay we do not throw knives! What is your problem? You should be grateful for your little brother and the way you acted there is just not acceptable."

Sophia just walked away and ignored Taylor. She didn't want to talk, she felt too upset. She was sure that she was going to have a little sister but now she didn't want a sibling at all. Taylor rolled her eyes. She knew it would take the small girl a while to get used to it.