Chapter 65

WARNING: MATURE CONTENT!!! DON'T READ IF YOU'RE UNDERAGED OR IF YOU DON'T LIKE! 😅

______________________________________________

The sky thundered and lightnings flashed. A heavy drizzle descended down, slapping against the dark green lotus leaves. Their little dripping sounds were immediately drowned by the sound of the thundering waterfall. The ghostly gloom deepened. An icy wind blew.

Li Yan kissed Shen Nuo under the heavy drizzle until Shen Nuo's lips were red and swollen. A thin bloodline left the corner of Shen Nuo's lower lip but it was quickly washed away by the lashing drizzle. 

The waters that dripped down their chins were mingled with their painful tears of two lifetimes. Only sorrow, pain, distress and anger...

Shen Nuo wrapped his shuddering arms around Li Yan's back, slowly pulling him closer, kissing so desperately that their scorching bodies carved into each other.

It was as if under that icy winds and cold drizzle of the evening, they seek warmth in each other's solace, intimately entangling themselves like this. When Li Yan broke the kiss to let Shen Nuo catch his loosing breath, Shen Nuo was already panting.

Their lips were so close that they were touching and brushing against each other with every slight move between them. Their nose tips were firmly pressed against each other. Li Yan was looking at Shen Nuo with red eyes.

Shen Nuo's lips were still trembling. "Li Yan..." He whispered hoarsely into Li Yan's lips, murmuring into each other's mouths. "You said you cared about me. Did you ever once asked me how... I would feel prisoned between the four walls of yours? Did you ever ask me what I would like to do... or what I want?"

When silence replied to this question, more and more tears poured down his eyes. His heart was beating wildly. He choked again. "All these times, did it ever occur to you how I would feel when you yell at me without cause or a reason?"

Li Yan did not say anything. But his moist eyes were narrowed as they continued to stare at Shen Nuo darkly. "It was you who made me into a monster, Shen Nuo..." His whisper was also utterly hoarse. "Didn't you say you want the divorce? Didn't you say you hated me? Didn't you say you regret our marriage?" That voice was wrenched with anger and sorrow.

Shen Nuo closed his trembling lashes, breathing hard. Tears left his eyes. His expression was very painful. "I -"

But Li Yan bit his lower lip neither hard nor soft. Shen Nuo gasped, feeling a freezing shudder run down his back. "Nnngh..."

Li Yan's eyes were bloodshot. "You once said you wish if you never married me. You said if it wasn't for Minghe, you would have already fled the palace. Didn't you? If it wasn't for hate, then what is it?"

Shen Nuo was was already shuddering as he weakly lied on the stone, leaning his lame back against the mossy stony wall behind him. His glassy eyes were fixed at Li Yan. His face looked a bit speechless. "So you... believed it all, just like that?"

Li Yan's eyes darkened. "Would you dare joke on something like that, Shen Nuo? Feelings are like toys for you, isn't it? So what if I'm the Emperor? Am I not also human?"

Shen Nuo who looked at Li Yan's face couldn't take it anymore. He pulled Li Yan closer and hugged him tightly with tears. His face was burried in Li Yan's chest. His shoulders trembled convulsively and low and broken sobs escaped his lips. "Let me speak first... I -"

"It was my wrong calculation even from the begining." Li Yan said in a broken voice. "Yes, I hurt you. I yelled at you. I forced you. I did everything I could do only to keep you by my side. I felt jealous when you were happy with others. I was afraid I might loose you. I was afraid you might not love me anymore..."