~Chapter 10: Change~

Stella:
Right now, I'm on call with Kayleigh and Brynn after not being about to talk to them for a while and I catch them up on stuff that's happened in our lives recently.

"I can't believe you actually talk to the 'bad boys' on a regular basis," Brynn says shocked.

"I don't talk to them, they talk to me," I shrugged chewing on a gummy worm.

"Yea, but I still think it's so cool though. They never talked to us ever," Kayleigh says astonished.

"They only talk to me was because Kai asked me to be his partner on a project," I say my eyes widening.

"Oh my goodness! I completely forgot about that project and it was set a week ago," I pause check my school calendar, "and, I only have," I look through all my assignments until I find the one I need to do, "it's due IN TWO DAYS!" I yell to the screen as Brynn and Kayleigh try to calm me down.

"I am very sorry but I need to end this call," I say already grabbing my phone from where I stood it, "I love you guys and I will call you as soon as I rings this project and we can talk then, bye!" I end the call.

Now, I go through my contacts list to find Kai's name and I dial his number hearing it ring a few times.

He picks up on the third ring.

"Hello"

"I am coming to your house right this instant so we can finish that assignment we had and we never really done much on it and we need to do that ASAP," I say, all in one breath.

"Calm down Stella," Kai says trying to soothe me but it's not working.

"Well I need to go to your house RIGHT NOW and finish this project TODAY!" I yell at him through the phone.

"Okay, okay. I'll send you my address and you can come in very and we'll do the project."

"Good," I say pleased with his response.

"Bye Kai. I'm coming over to yours now do you better send me that address," I say before ending the call.

I put my phone in my pocket and I rush to go get my stuff and— I got a notification with Kai's address on it— then I make my way to my car with my key in hand, driving off to Kai's house.

***

I arrive at Kai's house, not wasting any time and knocking on his door until it swings open with Brooks on the other side of the door.

"Oh— Brooks hey," I didn't know Kai had Brooks over, " is Kai here?"

"Don't worry," I hear Kai pant from behind Brooks, "I'm right here."

"Hey Kai, can we continue with our project now?" I show him my text books in my hands.

"Yes- that's right, move out the way Brooks," Kia pushed Brooks out of the way and let me through and went up the stair to his room.

I placed my books on his desk.

"We need to start this project now," I state, opening one of my textbooks and flipping it to the page I need.

"Okay, okay, I'm starting," Kai says, opening his textbook and sitting down on his bed.

Brooks is also here sitting on Kai's bed with his phone in hand.

"You," I point at Brooks and he lifts his head from his phone, "go. You aren't in our group and you are just wasting space," then I point to the door, "leave".

Brooks sighed "so bossy," then he leaves.

I turn to my right and see Kai trying to hold in good laughter.

"And you," I point at him and he stops giggling, "help me with this project or you'll never see the day of light again," I smirk and I see Kai visibly swallow.

"Yes Stella," and he goes and grab some pens and we start the project.

***

We have finally finished the project and it is pretty dark outside so I decide to call it a day and pack my stuff to head home.

I say goodbye to Kai and head downstairs until I see a certain someone head towards me.

"Why are you still here Brooks. I thought you left," I say dryly.

"I wanted to talk to you," he said, sounding so sincerely.

"Well what do you want to talk about?"

"Why have you been so weird lately, we had so much fun that one time a few weeks ago," Brooks states.

"Well... things change," I say, avoiding eye contact.

Brooks grabs my shoulders and looks at me straight in the eye, pleading, "What changed, Stella? What changed?"

"Nothing that concerns you," I say and push him out of the way, heading to my car and driving off.

A/N:

(805)

It's been a while since I updated this story so I guess I'm back?

Do you know what changed between Stella and why she is pushing him away? (Cause I got no clue)

Well I hope you have a good day/night and have a fun time reading!

🤍