1. - SECRET DESCOVERD

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

When we spotted Ruby entering Maxton Hall, Lin and I ran towards her to link our arms, leaving her in the middle.

"Girls! You scared me." laughed Ruby "Hello." this time she addressed me, quickly kissing my cheek, and then did the same with Lin.

"Hello." we responded with smiles, me more than anything.

I've known Ruby since I was seven years old; our parents started working together and, over time, became great friends, as did our mothers and the two of us.

I've lived with them since I was ten years old, as my parents died in an accident I prefer not to go into detail about. The important thing is that the Bells took me in, along with my grandmother.

"How did it go with Mr. Sutton?" asked Ruby, caressing my hand.

"Obviously well, I'm so excited. Soon the three of us will be at Oxford, fighting for our dreams, and I'm sure we'll achieve them when we least expect it."

"Oli, there are more than 365 days left to enter Oxford." exclaimed Ruby.

I was going to answer, but I stayed silent as we passed by Lin's former "friends."

The girl we never imagined adding to our friendship, not because she was mean, but because she used to belong to the "rich kids." But well, unexpected things happen, and that happened to Lin: her parents divorced and their business went bankrupt.

But that doesn't matter now. Lin is part of us, and the looks from those tasteless girls won't make a difference to us. To them, yes, they'll get wrinkles.

"Are you okay?" Ruby asked Lin in a low voice.

But before she could answer, I opened my big mouth.

"Did you see the wrinkles they get every time they frown? I think my grandmother has better cared-for skin than them."

The three of us laughed and continued walking without bothering anyone, invisible as since I arrived at Maxton Hall.

<>

When we arrived at Mr. Sutton's classroom, the three of us gave him a slight smile before sitting down where we always do: Ruby and I together, with Lin in front of us.

I first took out my glasses from my backpack and put them on, then proceeded to take out the books and pens we would need, just like Ruby.

Two minutes later, all the other students were in the classroom, so the teacher began the day's reading, which was about justice and the critique of reason.

He started by asking a classmate behind me named Kant, who only responded with something funny, making the class laugh.

I didn't pay attention until the grand daughter of the Beauforts began to speak, saying something that caught my attention, as she was incorrect.