[ 9 ] : 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧.

Carols sobs filled Ruby's head

She turned around to see Carl in Loris arms and Carol turned away sobbing loudly.

Beth sobbed loudly as she approached one of the walkers on the ground.

"Mom!" She sobbed loudly.

This made Ruby's heart hurt. She wanted to give Beth a big hug.

In a sudden minute the walker grabbed onto Beth's ponytails and tried to bite her.

Beth's yells and the walkers groans made Ruby instantly reach for her knife but she stopped as T-Dog kicked its head Glenn held it down and this made Ruby want to roll her eyes.

They were doing way too much over one walker, if it weren't for the situation she would've told them to stop.

                             ₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

Ruby went back to camp as she knew Hershel wanted them off the land. She grabbed her bag which was never really unpacked and put it into the corner.

She sat on a log and lazily sat down. She took her knife and started sharpening it.

She thought about the moments she had before. Ruby realized her thinking would make her cry. She went to her tent and was happy Glenn wasn't there.

He was probably with Maggie.

Ruby thought about her family , her sister , her brother , her mom and dad. They were a good family , happy but it all ended.

Just when her father had just gotten home from the army. She missed her sisters smiles and when she would play rock , paper scissors and shoot with her brother.

She missed the small things and how much she missed them. She missed her mother's cooking and especially her cookies.

She would make the best soft cookies with chocolate chips and she would always sneak an extra one with her sister Becca.

Ruby smiled at the memory as tears sprung her eyes. She was so mad she had let herself get lost , she just wanted her parents.

She wanted to see their smiles and hug them. She knew her dreams were just dreams. She wanted to be just like her father and join the army.

By this point Ruby was crying a little and she wiped her tears with one glenns shirts.

She sniffed into it and rubbed her eyes with the shirt in a rough manor that would probably leave her eyes red.

Her eyes felt so sore , it felt like someone took a hard , rough towel and rubbed her eyes so hard. But she had , she had done it herself.

Ruby groaned as her tears finally stopped and kicked her bag. She turned into her side and her breathing slowed down, finally she felt a small moment of silence. Peace.

She was finally able to fall asleep into a much needed sleep.

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

*dream*

"Ruby!!" Her mother exclaimed from the kitchen.

Ruby smiled and rubbed her eyes pulling on her jeans. "Coming!" She yelled back lazily. She made her way over to the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror.

She didn't one hundred percent liked what she saw because of her hair , everyone made fun of her because of its color and it made her think lowly of herself.

Ruby would sometimes put it into a ponytail to keep it from going everywhere.

AJ , her brother didn't have a problem with the color , he actually loved his hair. He thought he was so cool because his was different.

Ruby wished she would be able to think like that , but she was just a 7 year old girl in first grade.

Kids were mean , they called her a freak , and ugly. Ruby brushed her teeth and changed into a plain black shirt with her jeans and brushed her wet hair.

She slipped on her shoes and made her way to the kitchen.

"Hi mom." She greeted and sat down at the kitchen island.. "Good morning honey." She greeted back and handed her a bowl containing lucky charms.

Ruby smiled at this and she loved the marshmallows. She immediately dug into her food.

Becca came down just a few minutes later as she was going into kindergarten. "Hi Bec" greeted her mom.

Ruby looked over at the time and rushed her bowl of cereal. She slurped it up and her mother gave her a disapproving look.

"Sorry." She sarcastically said and smirked.

She got up and walked over to the door and unstrapped her backpack from the hook.

Ruby waited for AJ to come down beacuse they always walked , sat and talked in the school bus together.

"AJ!" Ruby yelled for and her mother shushed her saying he wasn't going to school. At this point, Ruby frowned and shook her head and opened the door.

"Bye mom , bye Becca." Ruby smiled at them and walked out. Ruby took in the warm air and sighed walking to bus.

Finally she boarded it and continued on with her school day. Everything was good.

Ruby was violently awaken by Glenn.

"what." She groaned and looked over to him.

"You need to get out." He exclaimed and shooed her away.

"wha? why?" She questioned and rubbed her eyes. she stopped as she saw Maggie outside with a blanket.

"gross." she muttered. "And do not! Do not go near my side of the tent." Ruby exclaimed and left.

Ruby sighed and took in the warm finally walking around.

She was still devastated by the events that happend earlier and seeing Sophia as a walker.

She understood it had to happen , but not in such a violent way.

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

_________________________

authors note :

hey so i was gone for three days sorry

words : 930