Chapter 8

Alexius was woken up by the sound of her father arguing. "Where are you taking me!" Jaron hissed, but the vigils who were carrying him out stayed quiet. "Hey! What's going on here?" Alexius asked. Eira popped her head into the room before entering. "Were just taking Jaron-"

"King Jaron you mean," Alexius corrected.

"Excuse me?" Eira asked.

"His title is King Jaron, so you will call him so," Alexius argued.

"I have one king that I am loyal too, I don't care about that fool of a king you have," Eira said.

"Well that 'fool of a king' is my father and you will show him some respect!" Alexius hissed.

Eira's eyes widened and she began to study Alexius again. "So the rumors are true, the Princess has returned! The prince will be so happy to hear about this!" Eira said happily. "Who's this 'prince' your referring to and why is that good news?" Alexius asked. "Not quite sure why, but the prince is obsessed with you," Eira said, kicking at the ground. Alexius now felt very awkward, who was this guy? 

"Anyways, your father is being taken to another room," Eira explained and then sat down in the chair Azrael had sat in, what she assumed was, the day before. It was really hard to tell how much time had passed. "Odd question, your brother Darius, what's something that was really embarrassing about him that he didn't want you to tell anyone," Eira asked with a wide smile. She probably was just trying to start a less awkward conversation. As Alexius thought, she laughed at many stupid things he had done. "Believe it or not, Darius liked to play dress up and have fake tea parties with stuffed animals when we were younger," Alexius laughed. Eira bursted with laughter, "Really?" Alexius nodded and Eira laughed even more. Behind Eira's scary portrait she was trying to show, she seemed really kind, or she was either trying to make me believe that. To be honest, it was fun to talk about all the crazy and embarrassing things that Darius did, it made her forget for a moment that she was kidnapped. 

"So what do you want from my father and I?" Alexius asked, changing the subject. Eira's once lightened face of joy darkened to seriousness which kind of took Alexius by surprise. "Our 'royals' want you kingdom, I'm not sure how they'll take it though," Eira admitted, but then her eyes grew big, she probably wasn't supposed to say that. "Are we in some sort of hidden kingdom in the mountains?" Alexius asked. Eira shrugged, "if I'm being honest, we're hardly a kingdom. Just a group of people who were banned or left their kingdom. This place was supposed to be a good place, but it's changed over time. Now they kill, steal, and kidnap people and now they want Carthya's land because apparently this isn't enough for them!" Alexius slowly took in all the information Eira was spilling out. It seemed like she was hurt deep down by these sudden changes. Eira coughed and rose from her seat, "I should go now, I'm getting distracted." 

As soon as Eira left, Azrael followed behind, his face expression grim. Alexius hoped that Azrael hadn't heard any of their conversation. Something had began to make herself feel uneasy now, something bad had to be comming up.