Chapter Thirteen - Giyuu

Do you ever feel like the universe is against you? As if the whole world just wants to see you fail? Sadly, I haven't figured out why it feels this way. But one look at the tousled (Hair Color) hair spilling over my pillowcase and the (Skin Color) arm gripping my waist, is enough to calm those worries. She makes it worthwhile.

Watching her wake up has slowly become one of the things I look forward to every morning. Those telltale signs of her coming back to reality from her slumber are glimpses of (Name) that nobody else sees and for that I feel grateful. The way her nose scrunches up and her eyelids flutter right before those captivating (Eye Color) eyes open; how she blinks exactly six times until the hazy look of sleep clears before she looks at me.

The lazy, satisfied smile that graces her sleepy features when she sees me - blows my mind. Her slightly slurred speech, so soft and loving as she murmurs her morning greeting.

“Good morning, Princess.” I say, my own voice still gravelly and husky from sleep.
“Five more minutes…” Is all she ever gets out before cuddling back to my chest.

With that, I know I'm a lucky man. She never actually gets up after five minutes, always taking nearly an hour to adjust back into the world of the living.

During this time, I prepare for my day - keeping it quick because nothing is scarier to me than the look on her face when she wakes up to find me gone. By the time I have all my stuff gathered for my morning Psychology lecture, she's already patting around the bed to locate me.

“Yuu…?” She mumbles, lifting her head sleepily just as I slide back in beside her.
“I'm here.” I assure and (Name) sighs in relief.
“G’mornin’.” My beautiful roommate yawns out as she sits up.
“Go get ready, I'm taking you out for breakfast since it's Saturday.” I order and she nods before crawling out of bed.

-

The bakery I decided to take her to isn't far from campus - so we walked. Our hands intertwined as we both relished in the comfortable silence. Having any decent conversation with (Name) before she eats is hopeless.

I found out earlier in the month that she always eats a granola bar before she makes breakfast for us both. When I asked, her only reply was:

“So I can actually talk to you while we eat.”

Such a small quirk that made me fall harder. I open the door for (Name), allowing her to go in first. The bell above the door jingles and alerts the maroon haired male behind the counter to our arrival.

“Good morning Tomioka-San!” Tanjiro exclaims before doing a double take when he sees the (Body Type) woman clinging to my side.
“This is (Last Name).” I introduce and he sniffs the air as we walk closer - shock written all over his face.
“(Last Name)-San, it's nice to meet you! I am Kamado Tanjiro, welcome to my family's bakery!” He babbles, smiling sweetly at her as he bows.
“You don't have to be so formal with me Kamado-Kun.” (Name) giggles, causing the boy to blush and nod profusely.
“Please, take a seat, my sister Nezuko will be out shortly.” Tanjiro states and I chuckle before leading my beautiful roommate to the booth in the far corner.

She eagerly sits on the same side with me, snuggling up to my shoulder. I push the menu towards her, already having an idea of what she would order.

“Oh! I cannot believe they have (Favorite Pastry)!” The (Hair Color) haired woman squeals, pointing eagerly at the menu.
“Look at the drinks, I dare you.” I tease as she looks up at me with those large doe eyes full of adoration.
“There's no way…” She trails off, gasping as she sees her favorite drink on the menu.

A mental pat on the back is all I have time for before Nezuko walks up to our table.

“Tomioka-San, is this her?” The younger Kamado sibling asks with a smug smirk.
“Yes. You know what I get.” I mutter, blushing profusely at the confused glance thrown my way from (Name).
“I will have two (Favorite Pastry) and a (Favorite Drink) to go with it!” She chirps, smiling warmly at the teenager.
“Of course, I'll be back soon.” Nezuko states before taking her leave.

I was hoping that she would've been more discreet but I suppose it's not horrible that she wasn't.

“Giyuu, why did she ask that?” My ever so inquisitive date asks.
“You cannot under any circumstances laugh at me.” I say, looking her dead in the eyes.
“Why would I laugh at you?” I take a deep breath before taking her hand in mine.

“I might have um…” I trail off, not being able to maintain eye contact.

I get no reply so I take yet another deep breath, meeting her curious (Eye Color) eyes.

“Had your favorite pastry and drink added to the menu!” I exclaim, knowing damn well that I basically shouted it with my nervousness.

A soft gasp leaves her lips as her beautiful eyes widen.

She's going to think I'm some yandere weirdo - my God help me. I think as I close my eyes.

I didn't expect the feeling of her hands in my hair, tugging me to her by my ponytail. Before I had a chance to ask what she was doing, her lips were on mine. The kiss is raw and unrestrained, and I could feel her teeth pulling on my lips rings, making me grunt softly. As soon as my mouth opened, her tongue slid in and expertly forced mine into submission. My brain couldn't process anything except for the fact that she is hellbent on kissing me to death.

Her hand, the one not in my hair, goes to my shoulder. I could feel her digging her nails into the intricate lines tattooed on my skin. My whole body belonged to her in that moment - mind, body and soul. It almost felt cruel when she pulled away from me, both of us panting for air.

“I think I'm falling in love with you.” (Name) murmurs against my lips, stealing a final kiss before Nezuko appears holding the tray of our breakfast.

Oh, how desperately I want to tell her that I love her too.