Date? -Chapter 6

Tim's POV:
T-LUCY!

I almost shout at her while I am still shaking her shoulder.

Her eyes snap open, and when she realizes it's me, she lets out a relieved breath.

T- What happened?

She tried responding but failed and started crying. I sat on the edge of her bed and put my arms around her. One hand on her back, tracing gentle circles and the other one on her head. She cried into my chest for a few minutes and then looked up at me with swollen eyes. Her cheeks are red and eyes puffy , but I still think she's beautiful.

L- h-he came to my apartment a-and *hiccup* I'm sorry... I shouldn't be so dramatic. It was only a dream.
T- it's ok, Luce. You're safe with me.
L- thank you.  .....Ehm.... Tim?
T- Yeah?
L- could you eh- maybe... ah never mind
T- Sure. Scoot over.

I know what she wants, and I know that I want to continue holding her. We lay down and she curls up next to me, and I keep stoking her hair. A little later, I can hear her snoring quietly. I normally hate snoring, but she's just so cute. I can't help but smile.

I wake up to moving next to me. Well, actually on me... Lucy is lying on top of me with her leg over mine and her entire top half on my chest and is still fast asleep. I carefully move my arm to look at the time on my phone, which is still in the pocket of my uniform. 6:47 am. The doctors should be here soon. I put my phone away and start drawing gentle circles on her back.
Some minutes later, I see the door opening, and a doctor walks in.

Dr-  Good morning. Oh, she's still asleep?
T- yeah. Should I wake her up.
Dr- yes, please.

T- Hey Lucy. I need you to wake up. -I say slightly shaking her
L- NooOo 5 more minutes.

She snuggles up even closer and puts her arms around me. I give the doctor an embarrassed glance and get slightly red.

T- Luce, the doctor is here. He needs to examine you
Dr- he's right. I will take you to the examination and bring you back in around 15 minutes. You can go back to sleep after.
L- alright, I'll get up.

I stand up and get out of the way as the nurses wheel Lucy out off the room.
The doctor kept his word as around 15 minutes later, two nurses wheel Lucy back in. They tell us to wait for the results of the blood tests.
Lucy looks up at me with an adorable pout on her face.

L- I'm sorry for literally sleeping ON you.
T- it's ok. A-nd ... I kind of enjoyed it.

She looked relieved and happy.

L- Tim? I'm super hungry. Could you get us something?
T- Sure. I'll be right back.

Lucy's POV:
He enjoyed it??? So I wasn't a burden.
I am so relieved he doesn't hate me because I think I am falling for him. He's being so nice. The complete opposite of what everyone says about him.

I sit on the edge of the bed and make room for Tim to sit down. He comes back with some sandwiches, vegetables, and orange juice. I pet the space next to me.

L- thanks
T- No problem
L- don't you wanna sit down?
T- oh.. yeah

He seems almost nervous but sits down really close to me. Our thighs are almost touching. I can feel the warmth radiating off of him.
He gives me my food, and we begin eating.
I end up only eating half of mine, which earns me a " I thought you were hungry?" Look. I don't reply and instead lay my head on his shoulder.

T- you tired?
L- mhm
T- let's lay down
L- mhm

Tim's POV:

I move to lay down, and she lays on top of me slightly again. I put my arms around her, and even though it might be a bad idea, I will do it now.

T- Luce?
L- Luce? I like it.
T- Will you go on a date with me?

Her had snaps up, and for a second, I get scared, thinking I shouldn't have asked. But then I see her smile brightly, and she nods. I smile down at her, and as she lays her head back down, I kiss her on the forehead saying "sleep thight."

I am on the phone as lucy is sleeping on top of me. I text everyone that we are waiting for the results. At some point, a doctor came and told us that she has to stay until tomorrow morning and can go home at around 8 am.

I feel her move and look down to see her looking up at me.

T- hey there! How'd you sleep?
L- Good, thank you.

She scoots away from me and lays on her side with her back to me.

T- Luce? What's up? Did I do something wrong?
She shakes her head, no.
T- why did you move away from me then?
L- I just don't want to annoy you.

I put my arm around her waist and pull her into me.
T- why would you say that? I liked it that way.
I get no response, so I decide to change the topic.
T- The doctor said you'd be able to go home tomorrow morning but will have to stay of work for three days. So I was thinking, of course only if you want to, we could go to a restaurant, eat, have fun?

she turns around and smiles.
L- I would love that.
T- is there a place you like?
L- no, you can choose.
T- what time?
L- would 7:30 pm work?
T- yes. Also, we'll drive to yours, back some bags and go to mine. Or stay at yours. Whatever you prefer but I'd like to stay with you and help.
L- it's ok, you really don't need to.
T- I know, but I just want to make sure you're fine. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. It is now 16:58 pm, and some friends said they would come here at about 17:45 pm. If it's ok with you I would go home really quickly and change. Ehm... the uniform is getting uncomfortable.
L- OH my God, I am SO sorry.
T- it's nothing and surely not your fault. I'll be back in 20.

We wave goodbye, and I drive home, take a shower, change, and get back to her, only to not find her in her bed.
T- LUCE? Are you in the bathroom?
L- yeah, I'll be out in a second!

Lucy's POV:
L- I'll be out in a second!
I've showered quickly, which still was a bit painfull but I managed. I change back into the hospital gown and go out to tim.
I walk up to him, and we're a few feet apart, staring at each other. It must have been a few minutes, and we were so lost in each others eyes that we didn't notice our friends until we heard Zoe cough awkwardly.

(1212 Words)