Chapter Twenty Nine

The next morning arrives, you slept a couple of hours but you are still pretty tired. The car you both used to get here is left behind, and somehow a new car is ready for the two of you.
As expected, he drives the car and the silence makes your eyes drowsy, and you're already falling asleep.

When you wake up, you're laid on a bed and Toji is on guard, looking just full of energy despite having a couple of hours of sleep as well. He must be used to it. "You haven't eaten since yesterday, there's some food on the table. It's probably cold but it's better than nothing. "

Yes, there's a bag with food on the table. Fast food, and although you don't feel like eating, your stomach says otherwise.  You grab the bag and start to eat, you're hungrier than you thought. "Did you eat?" You ask as you chew, already handing some food to him as well.

Leaning against the wall and keeping his eyes on the door, he takes the food. "I've eaten some already. You eat up, you have to keep your strength. And don't worry about me. "

You pause and take a second to swallow the food in your mouth. Your gaze locked with his, "You're all I've got right now."

"I can take care of myself, there's no need for you to worry. Besides, we got each other, I've got your back. Now finish eating, we're going to keep moving." Although he says he has eaten, she takes a bite of the food you gave him.

"I've been thinking, we're going to need more help. Aren't we?" You take out your phone, it isn't on yet but you still show it to him. "When I needed guidance, I met a priest, Geto. He was very kind-hearted and even offered to train me himself. Since then, we've been in touch."

Toji narrows his eyes slightly,  suspicion evident in his eyes. "Geto and I don't particularly have a nice history. However, I can't deny he's a hard hitter. Even so, someone like him doesn't do something without a good reason." Toji gives you a sideling look, noticing your disappointment. " But I guess everyone is not as jaded as me. Maybe he saw something in you, something different who knows? Still, we keep our guard up."

Geto was shady, at first.  You couldn't deny that. But if he wanted something in exchange for the help he has you, he wouldn't have suggested you stay. And he wouldn't have let you enroll in that school. You know, you feel like you can count on him...At least you hope so. "I'd like to tell him, and maybe he'll help us. After that...Can I contact my parents,  they must be worried."

He's regretful as he says the next words. "Right now it's best to deal with Geto. After that, once we have a safer location we can set up a secure way for you to contact them."

You don't completely agree with it, but he's the one who knows how those who want you dead, work. So it's best to follow his steps, you want your parents safe. "I know this isn't easy for you, but we want them to be safe as well. Once this is all over, we'll you back to them. Okay?"

His words of reassurance gain a tiny smile from you and you are now more willing. "Should...Should I call him now? And do I tell him everything?"

"Keep it simple but show your urgency.  Tell him you need advice on a sensitive issue, keep it vague. There are too many ears listening, we don't want to give too many details. What we also want is to keep him curious and not to alert him." Toji's advice is measured and cautious as he explains what to tell him. "Call him now."

With that, you begin to turn on your phone. As soon as you turn it off, you wait, and when it's up and running you get bombarded with calls. Over fifty missed calls, calls from your friends, and calls from your parents. Text messages as well, with all your might you ignore them and search for Geto's contact number. You dial it and look at Toji as you wait for the call to be picked up.

"Hello [Name]," you hear Getos's voice greet you with a certain warmth to it.

You swallow hard before you answer. " I'm sorry to keep it short, but I need urgent advice on a sensitive issue. I can't give you the details, I don't have time. Could we perhaps meet?" You ask in a rushed manner, conveying your urgency. In return, you receive a nod of approval from Toji.

There is a pause. "I understand, state the location. But please choose a safe location. I'll be there as soon as you want, please be safe. " Judging by the tone of his voice, he understood the importance and the urgency of the issue.  That's all, and he hangs up, allowing you the time to think and choose an appropriate location.

"Later I want you to call him and let him know when and where you'll meet. Tomorrow morning we'll head out, and make sure the area is safe and secure. Make sure there's nothing out of the ordinary." You turn the phone off as you hear him explain the plan. "As for us, I'll get us something else to wear. Since you have nothing else, it'll be wise for me to blend in the the crowd as well." He approached, with a very serious face. "I'll have to leave for a bit, I know you want to call your folks but just wait, I promise you'll call them when the time is right.  Those people are waiting, waiting for a slip-up, don't give it to them." And he wasn't you to tell him, promise you will follow his instructions.

"Okay, I'll stay alert and wait."

"I know you'll be anxious being alone, but I'll be close. If I sense something odd, I'll return as soon as possible. " By the time he is finished, he is ready to leave. So you sit, facing the door, and keep your senses sharp.

Toji wasn't right, you felt anxious, and your phone was right in your hands. You could call your parents, but if you did, you would put them in danger. So, you do what you have learned. You take deep breaths and control your emotions, try to stay calm. Calm but alert as well, until Toji returns.