Chapter 1, ep1: Our meaningless encounter

"As cold as the winter we dated, but as warm as the summer months I pitied as they never had experienced you."

                                            ~Ashleigh ~

After another exhausting night of studying, I flutter open my eyes, excited for the day ahead. It was our first cheer game all together as a team for the year and I had just made a brand new cheer for everyone to do together. The whole team had been taught this cheer and I was so excited to see what it looked like in action.

The excited sparks wear off once I remember-

" oh shit.. This game is two hours away"

With a heavy sigh, I shake my head holding a slight smile on my face as I pack my bag with some essentials and snacks to stock up for the game.

I stock my poms, bows, an extra pair of socks, and some headphones into my own personal carry on bag. I double check once more before heading downstairs.

3hrs later...

After making multiple pit stops to accommodate the large number of cheer girls and football boys that needed a bathroom break, we finally made it to the game with just a few minutes to spare. My other co- captain and I set the girls off on their warm ups while I called all the other fliers to come over and run individual practice with me.

"Ashcash" a familiar voice calls out to me.

She has been my best friend since middle school, Asol. We had joined the team together and strived through all of those struggles together up until now, our junior year. There was so much ahead of us and I couldn't wait to see where we would end up.

Without wasting so much as a breath, the other fliers got to warming up as me and Asol walked over to practice in our usual spot. I had a major crush on a mutual friend of mine and he had decided to come to one of his first football games. I had been stealing glances the whole night and couldn't stop getting picked at by my coach since my head wasn't in the game, when I finally looked back to be greeted by a brown-green pair of beautiful eyes. Nervously, I turned away, confused and in shock that I was caught.

"He's checking you out ash.. You should go talk to him!" Asol teases, as I blush.

Her friend who barely comes to football games had suddenly turned up because she told him that I would have been stunting that night. I could practically feel my skin melting from the bore of his stare. I couldn't help but want him all to myself. Something about him held so captivating and authentic to me that I just couldn't turn away from it.

"Hmph" I retorted, in an attempt to ignore her comment as I turned away and giggled.

Everyone was warmed up and we were now ready to run our stunts. With a swift push upwards, I was bolted up into the air to hold a v-position and a smile on my face. I could see the whole world from up here, and especially jay. No matter how often I flew, it was such an enchanting view.

By the end of night, my hair was in ruins and I was exhausted and not happy about the thought of going to school the next morning. Jay decided he would've taken initiative that day and he walked up to me first. My heart basically awaiting the opportunity to jump from my throat, I barely croak out an awkward "hi" as we are both left standing there staring.

" we should... go out," he finally spurs.

I immediately start to feel nervous and my cheeks give it away immediately as I turn away to fan my face cool once again. Mostly calm, I turn around and give a seemingly sophisticated yet interested answer.