Chapter 11: An Expectedly Unexpected Visit

(Sorry for the late updates! I'll be on summer break soon. I just had to take a short summer course after my semester ended, so I don't have the free time I need to work more on this just yet. I'll be free in a few more weeks.

Also I gave up reformatting this everytime I paste it in so that's why it looks different than the last couple chapters. I just can't be bothered to re-add every single one of the paragraph breaks

Hopefully, since this chapter is about 2k words longer than the last two, it makes up for it a little... Also, next chapter will be the ball so !!!!!!! big chapter)

-

The next day, the healer finally arrived. They were polite, but appeared a bit rushed. It didn't matter, however, as they healed Kaeya's leg up pretty well. It left a noticeable scar, but considering the original damage, it could have been much, much worse.

Afterwards, they received payment from Diluc and left posthaste.

Kaeya turns to Diluc with a smug smile plastered on his face.

Diluc looks at him, causing his expression to quickly turn sour. "...What."

"You totally bribed them, didn't you?"

Diluc's eyes widen momentarily before looking away. "...I would do no such thing."

"Oh come on, there's no way they would have gotten here so quickly otherwise." Kaeya clicks his tongue. "How much was it? Five hundred thousand mora? Eight hundred thousand?" He throws out some numbers in a teasing manner. "That bag of Mora looked suspiciously big."

"Enough." Diluc answers, though it isn't very intimidating.

"You love avoiding my questions, don't you?" Kaeya shakes his head as if disappointed.

"I don't like to encourage your bad behavior." Diluc crosses his arms.

Kaeya softly laughs. "What am I, a dog?"

"You might as well be." Diluc replies, a smirk tugging at his lips.

Kaeya snorts a laugh. "Oh really? Well then, if I'm a dog then you're a cat."

"And why is that?" Diluc inquired half-heartedly.

"Because you're hot and cold." Kaeya shrugs, placing a hand on his hip.

"And you bark like a dog."

"Aha... Hah..." Kaeya forces a laugh. "You're lucky I'm not a violent person."

"I'm grateful for your benevolence then, o' merciful one." Diluc crosses his arms and rolls his eyes.

Kaeya looks away with a huff. "I'm gonna get ready to leave." He says before he turns around and makes his way towards the hallway.

"Alright." Diluc replies simply.

.

.

.

After retrieving his dirty clothing and pouch, he fastens his vision onto his borrowed belt.

"I'll return your clothes when I get the chance." Kaeya gestures at himself.

"No rush." Diluc nods. "When you do, why don't we have that dance lesson?"

Kaeya hesitates. "Ah..." He runs his fingers through his hair in contemplation. "I... I suppose it would be good timing, hm?" He can already imagine himself procrastinating on this.

"You promised." Diluc expression turns serious.

Kaeya curses at himself internally. "I-I know. Don't worry, I will, okay?" He regrets making the promise, since Diluc is going to hold it to him now.