Chapter 2 Stormsurge Year: December 2711

It was now winter, however snow never really appeared, only on the mountains on the other side of the city. But that did mean they had more downtime during this season, as some of the crops were not really able to be farmed during this weather. But with the use of greenhouses, that did make it work for some other crops.

Adam woke up with even more excitement than yesterday, he heard from his uncle that a delivery guy would be coming today to drop off the part, and ammunition that he bought yesterday.

He did his usual morning routine of getting breakfast and going through some of the newspapers. He was called by Edward

"Morning Adam, how about we test out that conversion plate for the tank and plow and cultivate two of the fields that we were planning to do earlier?" Edward asked

"Morning, year that sounds like a good idea, just finishing my breakfast and I will be on my way" Adam replied

"Alright, see you in a bit" Edward replied and the call ended.

Adam took his time eating breakfast and headed towards Edward who was waiting in the shed getting the conversion plate attached to the tank.

"So which field are we doing first?" Adam asked

"We are going to plow the field at the south of the farm, and cultivate field 3" Edward replied

"Alright, let's go then" Adam said, climbing on the tank and getting it fired up to start plowing. With Edward following shortly after he was done attaching the plow to the tank.

As they made their way to the field and onto the field, they quickly looked at the tablet they brought with them, checking the lines on the field they did before when they plowed it with the tractor, but now with a longer plow installed.

They started plowing the fields while having the radio turned on.

Edward asked Adam a few questions about the tank

"So Adam, tell me. Why would you want the gun to work?" Edward asked, curious to hear his answer.

Adam was caught off guard by this question, but figured sooner or later he would be asked the question. "To be honest, it's the war, it keeps getting closer and closer. While I do know we are independent from both the Militia and IMC, sooner or later the IMC will attack here as well." Adam replied

"Fair enough, me and Mom have been talking about it recently as well, apparently some early scouts have spotted IMC scout ships going towards Gamma-3, but nothing was confirmed so they are just rumors at this point." Edward replied, being honest with his answer.

Meanwhile, they were plowing the field and while here and there the tank did sink a bit into the wet dirt/mud, it had no issues continuing and even was faster than the tractor, which would have gotten stuck here plenty of times. Within just 2 hours, the entire field was plowed and ready for being seeded next year when spring came.

"Well, that went really well I would say" Adam stated

"Yeah it really did, to be honest. I was scared at first, but I am starting to like this more and more. No big Titans going around, ones having issues or sinking a bit deep into the mud. Atleast this probably does not need two Titans to get out when it would get stuck" Edward replied

Adam chuckled, "O for sure, that one was a pain to get out. Honestly never expected a Titan to sink up to the torso into the mud, and then just not be able to get out on his own. Was a pain to clean as well."

"Mhm, it was not fun at all. At least we know that field can only really hold the Stryders now though, even the Ogres that had to pull out the Atlas were having issues." Edward said, chuckling as well remembering the chaos that happened that day.