Welcome To Misbourne

"Hello! Welcome to Misbourne, the place where your nightmare live!"

The guide spread his arms wide, showing off the view from the mountain top.

Misbourne was nestled into a cozy valley, a mountain range on one side and a huge peaceful lake on the other. The town tower was possibly the highest building of all, slightly higher than the chapel.

Forest on either side chirped with lovely birds and majestic creatures, but none to be seen. 

 "Here you can find all sorts of supernatural, paranormal, magical creatures!" The guide continued, eccentric.

Melody Firwell leveled her camera to her eyes, snapping a quick picture of the town. 

She was in her mid thirties, but she looked to be in her twenties. Her wavy brown hair was pulled into a loose bun, strands hanging by her ears untied. She had a pointed nose specked with freckles, and large curious eyes, one of them being a lazy eye, so she wore round glasses perched at the bridge of her nose. Her outfit was quiet simple, a beige shirt tucked into a pair of stretchy jeans, a fanny pack tucked around her hips.

"There's an old legend about the Chupacabra. . ."

Mel hefted the camera onto her shoulders once again, listening intently to the guide intently.

". . . once it roamed those very streets, haunting the town with its wrath . . ." 

Mel was a Parapsychologist, which was the study of the paranormal. She had a major in zoology and biology too, but her life was devoted to finding out about supernatural beings. She was part of an organization called SAP, Supernatural Agency of the Paranormal, which was dedicated to exposing supernatural beings.

". . . sucking the blood of poor cattle . . ."

She had come to Misbourne because of its paranormal history. Legend told that witches had taken sanction her, goblins and trolls lived underneath the sewers, and of unspoken horrors in the woods. 

It had an interesting history of hiding supernatural beings.

Mel wiped her glasses with her shirt, but while everything was blurry for a second, she saw something flash by the edge of her vision.

She whipped around, setting her glasses back on their perch.

The figure was gone.