💓Chapter 1

February 1 2023

Waking up at 4:00 am has never felt so good but I have got no time to appreciate the view from the huge glass window in my bedroom. I have to hurry as I have to reach the office at 5:00am to experience the most awaited event of the year, no its not Christmas. I am getting ready to observe the most beautiful and one of a kind comet that has only visited earth once. Me and my team and thousands of other astronomers are lucky to witness this phenomenon. I can already sense the millions of articles about this phenomenon blowing the news up.

A few days ago......

On January 12 when I was still working at the lab while everyone had already left for their respective houses. Writing my article in the newspaper for the next day I witnessed an unusually green glow in the sky as I immediately put on the large screen in the lab that is used to observe different celestial bodies, seems like the green glow was of a comet that has just entered the perihelion. After wondering around which comet is this I gasped and called my teammates to inform about this

In a minute people started filling up the lab to gather information about this new celestial wanderer. I got to know that it last paid its visit to our planet 50000 years back when humanity was still living in caves. It was named C/2022 E3 (ZTF).

Present day.......

I reached the lab with 2 glasses boba in my hand, a lot of people think that people in my profession are sophisticated and serious at all times. In fact astronomers are the most interesting people you could ever meet. They have immense knowledge not that I am flexing.

I greet and hand Hana her glass of boba tea, my fellow teammate and best friend since high school and take my seat in front of the control panel. Considering the other days the morning is very busy in Tokyo at 5, I thought glancing out of the glass window of the lab in our office. I got into this company after just 1 year of my graduation from university. Jaxa was every astronomy students dream back in university.

The competition was too high but I still managed to get my degree with flying colours. I was tagged as one of the best students since high school and I didn't let that tag fade away even in university. A lot of my school and college mates work here along with some new interns. If my parents were alive today they would have been extremely proud of where I have reached in terms of success. It is every parent's dream to see their pupil succeed.

Unfortunately I could never get the privilege to see pride in my parent's eyes for me. A drop falling down out of my brimming eyes as I quickly wiped it out for I do not want anyone to see me vulnerable.
I take a seat in front of the screen waiting for the time to strike 5:30am.

The room was filled with astronomers as the control panel started beeping indicating that in just 10 seconds the magnificent comet would unfold on the screen in front of us.

5...4...3...2...1

I saw a giant ball of fire descending swiftly making its way through the space just above the atmosphere of the earth. The moment didn't last long but the memories will surely do. Hundreds of photos and videos were simultaneously clicked by the mobile phones and telescopes as it going to return again after 50000 more years when the again the humanity would have taken a new turn either in progress or destruction. Who knows what the future holds in for us.

After writing the article for tomorrow's newspaper about this spectacular event that had happened 4 hours ago we decided to take a break. After the event was over we went on with work that came with it, we gathered a lot important information about it like its composition, its path or orbit so we can predict more things about it later. The minute hand struck 12 indicating a short break.

The break was much needed as all my muscles were really sore sitting at one place continuously typing and reviewing sheets for the project we were given for this month on a distant galaxy
"Did you have your breakfast?" I heard Hana ask me as we were walking in the park adjacent to our office. I replied as no and smiled thinking how she really cares about me like a responsible older sister even though I am older than her.
"You are very careless about your health Saku. I was going to have an early lunch at the cafeteria you should join too." Saying this she started dragging me towards the office cafeteria; it is huge with food of various delicacies and for dietary restrictions. I was not that hungry so I got some miso soup and rice with umeboshi.

We sat at a secluded place of the cafeteria where we could stay away from the drama. The usual undeserving and desperate wannabes shamelessly trying to hit on guys who just wanted to get into a girl's pants. I was so grateful that the quantity of such morons was decreasing in the office because of the no dating policy between the employees in the company to fully concentrate on the work without any distractions. I wonder how did they even managed to get pass through the first interview to get into JAXA; people work their ass off to get here and work hard for their families and for themselves. How can they just sit there and flirt and waste time. I thought eating my meal.

"You have been eyeing Yuki from a long time now, thinking how she got here?" Hana said.

"Yeah she is just a waste." I said making a judgy face while looking at her.

"She hasn't even changed a bit since university." Hana said following my gaze to see who was Yuki flirting with again.

"How do you know how was she in university." I said frowning as I was a bit confused.

"Sakura she was in our university." Hana made a done face and replied

"Was she? I never noticed."

"How would you. You were too busy making a path of success for yourself to really have fun. I don't blame you though; you were in a situation which was very rough. Anyone else in your shoes would have given up and committed something life threatening but you are one strong little girl."
Hana gave me a soft smile caressing my hand that was on top of the table to lighten my heart.

I am so grateful to have her in my life. I returned the smile and got up to leave the cafeteria as we had filled up our stomach to have some energy to start working again.

**************************
Please add this story to your reading list and share it to your dear Wattpaders and do comment a lot I would love to read them.

This was just a filler chapter to get to know the characters a bit more.

(Aage aage dekho hota hai kya)
Wait and watch to see what happens ahead.

Luv u

bye ❣️