~Chapter 3~

It's been days since the incident. Neither Midnight nor Jason had seen or heard anything about the dude in the cloak and mask. Which was good, but also unsettling at the same time. One day, midnight was in her living room, watching TV. Then the news came on. It was about a murder.. on Chrissy Cunningham. Jason's girlfriend, the queen of Hawkins high, was dead. Midnight covered her mouth in shock about the news. She knew Jason would be the most hurt about this situation. It was only a matter of time when she heard on a knock on her door. To no surprise it was Jason, his eyes red as if he was just crying. "Jason-" midnight was about to finish her sentence, then Jason hugged her, breaking down in her arms.

Midnight held him tightly and patted his back. "I'm so sorry, Jason.. I'm so sorry.." Jason kept crying and held her tighter.

"I'm gonna kill that bastard.." He said in between sobs. "I swear I will. I won't let him kill anyone else.." he cried again and pulled away from the hug, looking at midnight.

"I know.. I know.. but let's not do anything to rush.. we need to respect Chrissy for now and let her rest." She nods and pats his back. Jason hugged her back and sat on the floor what seems like an eternity.. an eternity that he wish wouldn't end.