5 || The Crow's Nest Embrace

Leaning close, he whispered softly in my ear, ensuring even the morning sun couldn't overhear. "I am the green dragon." He murmured with a sly smile.

For a moment, silence hung between us before I replied with a straight face "And I am the yellow dragon. Look at how resilient my skin is, like armor." I said, pinching myself lightly with a playful yet serious tone.

Jae-Ha laughed heartily. "Let me see." He teased, gently pinching my arm. "Oh yes, definitely impenetrable." He softly stroked the spot he pinched, easing any discomfort, though it didn't hurt much. "But I'm not joking. I really am the green dragon with the power to jump. What you saw that day was real. "He said quietly." You asked if we could fly. Well, not exactly, but thanks to my ability, it sometimes feels like it."

I judged he wasn't lying. His unusually serious tone suggested he was telling the truth. And he had no reason to lie. Curiosity overcame me as I involuntarily glanced at his boots.

"Can I see?" I asked with restrained excitement. What could a leg with such abilities look like? Does it have scales? What color might it be?

He lifted my chin so our eyes met again, too close for comfort. "You already want to undress me, love? You know, I wouldn't mind, but—"

"That's not what I meant!" I exclaimed with rosy cheeks. He just laughed heartily, releasing my chin.

"Just teasing you for now. But yes, this ability is peculiar. Yet, it's incredibly handy when I need to rescue pretty ladies." He said with a smug smile, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Of course, you would say something like that..." I muttered, my cheeks still slightly flushed.

He chuckled at my reaction, wrapping his other arm around me. His eyes sparkled with amusement, clearly reveling in teasing me.

"Of course I would say that. After all, who else besides me gets this unique privilege to hold you while rescuing you?" he said with a sly smile. "And who else gets the privilege of holding you right now?" he grinned.

"Damn you." I muttered under my breath, my arms awkwardly suspended, hesitant to make contact as he enveloped my waist, leaving me undeniably flustered.

"Come on, admit it, you're enjoying this. Who wouldn't want to be embraced by a handsome, strong, utterly captivating, and devilishly charming gentleman?" he teased, tightening his hold, his warm breath dancing across my face.

I simply rolled my eyes in response.

"I won't leap unless you're holding on tight." he cautioned.

I let his words linger, uncertain if my reluctance stemmed from embarrassment.

Observing my hesitance, he chuckled softly. Releasing my waist, he guided my arms around his neck. The flush on my cheeks deepened.

"You're quite something, resisting me like this." he teased, as his arms found their way back around my waist, the proximity of our bodies intoxicating us both.

"I swear you're just feigning resistance, secretly hoping for a hug; you're not really going to jump." I nervously remarked, yet I didn't retract my arms from around his neck.

"Hmm, perhaps you're onto something. You know, I do enjoy the embrace of pretty girls. What can I say? Sometimes I crave touch." He flirted, leaning in closer. "Shall we go? I promise it will be magnificent." He said, casting another glance towards the crow's nest.

"But if you drop me, I swear..."

He chuckled softly, gently rubbing my back to reassure me.

"There's no need to worry. You're in good hands. I would never drop you. You're not getting rid of me that easily." He grinned. "Now, hold on tight." He instructed as he pushed off powerfully, leaping into the air with effortless grace.