𝖨 𝖳𝖾𝗇𝖽 𝗍𝗈 𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖯𝖺𝗋𝗍 3 - 𝖬𝖺𝗍𝗍 𝖲𝗍𝗎𝗋𝗇𝗂𝗈𝗅𝗈

My loves, here is Part 3 to hopefully brighten your day! <3 Emmy and I are so happy with the love and support thus far on this story!! Thank you y'all xx enjoy!

co-writer: Emmypaige9147

Summary: Matt has surgery to repair a tendon in his ankle. Nick and Chris are there the entire time to comfort him. Heavy on the hurt, heavier on the comfort. Matt's gets the help he needs for the pain and then is discharged in the morning. The triplets return home. More angst of course! x

Words: 1571

Recap from Part 2: "It's okay, Matt. Help is coming, help is coming."

♡ And they did.

Nick came back with a nurse who quickly assessed the situation, she sprung into action. First, she pushed some type of pain medication into Matt's IV. Second, since he was so breathless to the point where his oxygen levels were all over the place, she put  mask over Matt's face. Third, she placed back on all of the monitors Matt accidently pulled off in his panic.

"The pain medication should kick in soon honey, just keep breathing."

"So, is he alright? Is anything else wrong?"

Chris questioned, still holding onto Matt's hand tightly

"Yeah, he's okay I've just got the oxygen mask on him so he can catch his breath. I also gave him some pain meds that will help, and it should make him fall asleep in the next few minutes."

"Okay, thank you so much."

Nick said, as Chris tried to get into the hospital bed with Matt.

"Of course. Oh I'm sorry sweetie, we don't allow anyone but the patients in the beds."

"Oh, sorry."

"No problem, thank you. If there are any more issues, please press the call light or come get us."

"We will, thank you."

Almost immediately after the nurse left, Chris climbed into Matt's hospital bed anyway.

"Chris, what are you doing? She legit just told you not to do that."

"Woops."

Nick rolled his eyes

"Well Chris, if they catch you, it's on you. Troublemaker."

+

Contrary to Nick's belief, Chris was able to sleep in Matt's hospital bed with him the rest of the night without issue. Chris wasn't sure if the nurse hadn't been in since the rude awakening earlier or if she had and just decided to let it go. Regardless, Chris was happy he had gotten his way. He knew Matt needed him close and Chris would never let a silly little protocol stop him from meeting his brother's needs.

When Chris had opened his eyes he had two pressing concerns, one - Nick wasn't in the room and two - Matt was still asleep, leaving him all alone. Chris turned more comfortably on his side, facing Matt and just stared at him for a moment. He focused himself on the feeling of gratitude, thankful Matt was sleeping peacefully. He watched his brother breathe in and out with ease, and fought the urge to brush the loose curls away from his forehead. He didn't want to wake him.

"Chris, I can feel you staring at me, you're freaking me out," Matt spoke with his eyes still closed, the sound causing the youngest to softly jolt in surprise.

"Sorry," was all the youngest offered in response.

Matt opened his eyes and smiled at his brother, "didn't that nurse tell you not to be in the bed?"