Sixteen

Natasha

This fucking cocky ass demigod.

The demigod in question was frowning at an older lady and arguing about tomatoes. There was no sign of the bossy woman that had ordered me around my own house just two hours earlier.

After my extremely long and somewhat unnecessary bath, I'd come out to find my house spotless and a sundress waiting for me on my bed. She must have written it in detail because it was beautiful and definitely not something I would have gotten for myself. She'd even gotten me some strappy sandals and a wide floppy hat.

The fabric was soft against my skin and cool like water, the design shifting as I walked out of the bedroom. Elias smiles when she sees me, her eyes trailing over my body as if she's seeing a work of art for the first time.

Not that I minded since I'm doing the same thing to her.

She's got long hair today, braids snaking through it. Her eyes are the same blue they've been for the past few days, her ears are still pointed and so are her canines. They poke down over her lips, making me think of a vampire from the covers of those romance books.

Her short sleeve button up is only half buttoned, her black sports showing through. Her pants leave nothing to the imagination and look like they were painted on.

"You look beautiful," she tells me.

"You don't look so bad yourself," I say as I give her one last look over, my gaze going to her face. "So what exactly are we doing today?"

She grins, "I thought I already told you?"

I roll my eyes, "come on."

"Ok," she relents. "Once a week there's a farmers market and it's full of things people have made and grown in their gardens. So we are going there to get the stuff I need for moussaka."

"Can't you just," I trial off as I motion to the fridge.

She nods, "I could but magic food doesn't have the same taste as home grown. And for good moussaka you need homegrown."

"Let's go then," I tell her. "Let's go get your mouse food."

She makes a face, "moussaka."

I grin and head towards the door, "that's what I said."

Now, an hour later, she's arguing about tomatoes and had been for the past ten minutes. I look at the rows of red fruits and frown, they all look the same to me.

"You can't seriously tell me, a Greek demigod, that Roma is better than heirloom for Greek food!" Elias argues. "Vlakas!" (Stupid)

"Just get these," I tell her as I pick up a small basket of cherry ones. "Thank you, so sorry about her, let's go Elias!" I drag her away from the bemused woman and towards another stall.

"Sorry," she says sheepishly.

"No, no," I say as I shake my head. "It's hot watching you get so passionate about tomatoes."

She gives me a weird look, "really?"

"No," I snort. "It was cute, maybe, but hot? Far from it."

"Cute is a start," she tells me as we walk towards a stall with giant leafy greens. "Yes! I was hoping they'd be here!" Elias says happily as the familiar faces of Dekon and Arnold wave to us from the stall.

"Elios," Dekon greets when we get to them. "Natasha, always a pleasure to see you."

"I see you took my advice," Arnold says with a grin. "She is cooking for you?"