Chapter 3

[June 2]

(Evening)

Akira left Leblanc and took the train to Shibuya.

Akira went to Central Street then walked through the alleyway to get to Untouchables. He entered and took a look around quickly. He didn't see anything that would be good. He went up to Iwai. "Iwai-san." Iwai looked over at him. "Yeah, kid?" "Do you have any raygun models?" "Hm. I do, actually. It's expensive, though." He got out his wallet and nodded. "I'll take it then." "Heh. I like you, kid." Iwai got up and went to the back. Iwai came back with a bag, handing it over. He paid for it then left.

Akira looked inside and smiled. "Akechi will love this... late birthday present, though... I should make pancakes and bring a cooling bag..." He went off and bought everything he needed. He set off back to Leblanc.

Akira: I bought stuff for later this week. June 9. Please don't forget them.

[June 9]

(Early morning)

Akira went downstairs and got to work on pancakes.

"Kid, what are you doing?" Akira finished up and looked at Sojiro. "Pancakes for later. And I need to make Jamaican Blue Mountain. I bought a flask that will keep it warm." "Oh? Something special happening?" "Yeah. For someone special too." "Oh? A girl?" "No. I'm gay." "Oh, uh..." He got everything packed up and went back up.

"You ready?" Akira looked at Morgana and nodded. "Yeah." He picked the Mona bag and set off.

(Afternoon)

Akira blinked a bit as he saw Akechi come into view. He gripped the bag strap.

"Excuse me, I couldn't help but notice your uniforms. Are you students of Shujin Academy?" Ann and Ryuji looked over as Akechi walked to join the group. "I happened to be passing by, so it seemed polite to greet you. We'll be filming together tomorrow, after all. Ah, where are my manners? My name is Goro Akechi." "Akechi?" "Filming? What, you a celebrity?" Akechi shook his head a bit, laughing airly. "Only to the extent of appearing on TV a couple of times." "Oh!" Akechi got out his phone and looked at the time, then put it back into his pocket. "My apologies, I truly was just passing by. I must be going. There's a briefing for tomorrow's recording that I have to attend. So, you're going to go have cake now? I missed lunch today, so I'm quite hungry myself..." Akechi laughed a bit awkwardly. Ann and Ryuji looked confused. Akira, though? He was biting his lip. "Huh? Cake? What are you talkin about?" Akechi looked shocked. "Oh, am I mistaken? I thought I heard something about delicious pancakes..."

Akira couldn't contain it anymore. He busted out laughing, which sounded like a cackle. It surprised everyone there. "Whoa!" "Dude! I've never heard you laugh before. Was it that funny, though?" Akechi stared at him, narrowing his eyes a bit. He cleared his throat, giggling a bit still. He handed over the bags and flask he brought. "I brought you pancakes and coffee. Oh, and a birthday present. Please enjoy, Akechi." Akechi gently took it all and stared at him. "You..." "I made it all this morning. Bought your present on your birthday." "I... thank you... I'll tell you about my thoughts after filming tomorrow." "Cool. Bye, Akechi." "Until tomorrow." Akechi left.

"Ren? Did you seriously just do that?" Akira looked at Ann and smirked. "Yep. I'm his number one fan, after all." "Whoa..." "Uh... I don't get it?" "Oh my god, Ryuji! Ren totally has the hots for Akechi!" Ryuji's eyes widened. "What?!" Morgana popped out his head. "Him?! A guy?!" "Yes. Do not try and pull me away from him. I refuse to back down from my mission to have him fall in love with me." "Well, good luck, Ren."

[June 10]

(Afternoon)

Akira saw the microphone in his face. He stared straight at Akechi. "They do more than the cops."