Main Characters

Evelyn HartAge: Late 20sAppearance: Evelyn has long, wavy brown hair and expressive green eyes. She has a warm smile and a thoughtful demeanor.Occupation: Historian and writerPersonality: Evelyn is curious, determined, and empathetic. She has a deep appreciation for history and family heritage, which drives her to uncover her grandmother's past. She is persistent in her quest for truth and is deeply moved by the emotional stories she uncovers.Background: Raised in a close-knit family, Evelyn grew up hearing stories about her ancestors. Her discovery of the old letter ignites her passion for uncovering the hidden parts of her family's history.

Clara Hart (née Williams)Age (during WWII): Early 20sAppearance: Clara is depicted in old photographs as a young woman with dark hair styled in 1940s waves, and soft, kind eyes. She has a timeless beauty and a gentle, yet resilient, presence.Occupation: Nurse during WWIIPersonality: Clara is compassionate, brave, and loyal. She has a nurturing spirit, which led her to work as a nurse during the war. Her love for James is unwavering, and she harbors a deep sense of hope and longing.Background: Clara grew up in Pinebrook and fell in love with James shortly before he was sent off to war. She keeps her love for him alive through letters and diaries, even as she faces the uncertainty and hardships of the war.

James ThompsonAge (during WWII): Mid 20sAppearance: James is described through letters and photographs as a handsome young man with a strong build, dark hair, and bright blue eyes. He has a sincere and determined expression.Occupation: Soldier during WWIIPersonality: James is courageous, honorable, and deeply in love with Clara. He is dedicated to his duty but constantly dreams of returning home to her. His letters reveal his vulnerability and deep emotions.Background: James grew up in a neighboring town and met Clara at a community event. Their love blossomed quickly but was put to the test by the war. His letters to Clara are filled with hope and love, despite the harsh realities he faces on the battlefield.

Aunt RoseAge: Mid 60sAppearance: Aunt Rose has graying hair pulled back into a bun, warm brown eyes, and a kind, weathered face that reflects a life of wisdom and experience.Occupation: Retired teacherPersonality: Rose is wise, nurturing, and a keeper of family stories. She is supportive of Evelyn's quest and provides valuable insights and memories about Clara.Background: Rose was very close to Clara and often heard stories about her past. She holds many family secrets and is a vital link between Evelyn and the history she seeks to uncover.

Alex HarrisAge: Late 20sAppearance: Alex has short brown hair, hazel eyes, and a friendly, approachable demeanor. He is often seen with a thoughtful expression, indicative of his own interest in history.Occupation: Archivist and researcherPersonality: Alex is intelligent, resourceful, and empathetic. He shares Evelyn's passion for history and becomes her ally in uncovering the past. He is supportive and brings a fresh perspective to Evelyn's discoveries.Background: Alex's grandfather served in the same unit as James, providing him with a personal connection to Evelyn's quest. His research skills and family stories add depth to their investigation.