Chapter 7: First Convo

The next day, Dina took me to a beautiful terrace garden on the mansion. The terrace was like a little paradise, with flower pots hanging from the clear roof, making cool shadows on the ground. There were pretty benches among the plants, perfect for sitting and enjoying the view. Creepers climbed the walls, covering them in green and making the stone almost disappear. The air smelled sweet with blooming flowers, and the sound of rustling leaves made it feel peaceful. Bright butterflies flew around, adding to the garden's magic. It was a cozy and charming spot.

"Want some coffee?" Dina asks with a grin.

"Only if you're making it," I tease, trying to hide my excitement.

"Alright, alright," Dina laughs, shaking her head as she heads off to make the coffee. I can't help but smile, feeling more at ease. The peaceful garden, the warmth of Dina's company-it all feels just right.

It feels so right, yet so wrong. I wish my mom were here to enjoy this; she would have loved everything about this place and my achievements. Now that Dina's gone, the sadness of missing her hits me hard, like a punch to the gut. Memories of her laughter and warmth flood my mind, making the absence even more painful. Before I know it, tears well up in my eyes, spilling over as I try to hold back sobs. My chest tightens, each breath a reminder of how much I miss her, how much I wish she could be here to share these moments with me.

Even though she passed away many years ago, the wound still hurts just as much. It feels like yesterday I bid her farewell, the pain as fresh as if it happened yesterday.

**************************************

Lost in her thoughts, Dalia's reverie was rudely interrupted by a voice cutting through the warm air, dripping with attitude.

"You sure have a habit of wandering in places where you're not supposed to go, I suppose?"

The remark snapped Dalia back to reality, and she turned to face the speaker. Initially puzzled, she soon recognized him by his familiar cold, emotionless gaze. It was the guy from the basement.

In that fleeting five-second exchange, Dalia sensed that he'd seen her tears, a realization that made her hastily wipe them away.

"It's rude to invade someone's privacy, you know?" she retorted, her voice tinged with defensiveness.

"Who's invading whose privacy now?" he mocked, a smirk playing on his lips.

The unbreakable silence continued, tension crackling in the air, Dalia couldn't shake off the feeling of unease. "What do you want?" she asked, trying to sound confident despite her inner turmoil.

He shrugged nonchalantly. "Just making sure you don't get lost in the wrong places," he replied cryptically.

Dalia arched an eyebrow, skeptical. "And why would you care?"

His eyebrows shot up in amusement. "Quite the one with attitude, aren't you?" he remarked, a hint of amusement in his tone.

"Don't talk to me like that," Dalia snapped back, her patience wearing thin.

Before he could retort, Dina breezed onto the terrace, two mugs in hand.

"Looks like you two have already crossed paths," she observed, her eyes darting between them.

He rested a hand on Dina's shoulder, and for a fleeting moment, Dalia caught a glimpse of something softer in his eyes. "I'll be having dinner at home tonight. Dad's orders," he announced, a rare warmth in his voice.

Dina beamed at him. "Finally making time for family, huh? Only Uncle Antonio could pull that off," she teased.

He chuckled softly, a ghost of a smile playing on his lips. "See you later, partner," he quipped, before sauntering down the stairs, leaving Dalia and Dina alone on the terrace.

Dina paused, noticing Dalia's puzzled expression. "Oh, I'm guessing you don't know who he is," she said, a hint of amusement in her voice.

"We didn't exactly get to introductions... he was too busy being cocky," Dalia replied dryly.

Dina burst into laughter. "Well, that was Xavier... Xavier Cavdero," she announced proudly.