Chapter 12:Wardrobe Crisis

Dalia was coming home after a long day when she was greeted by an unusual hustle and bustle in the main house. Workers scurried about, setting up what appeared to be a grand event. Some were arranging fresh flowers in elaborate vases, their colorful petals creating a vibrant contrast against the elegant decor. Others were rolling out luxurious red carpets, smoothing out every wrinkle to perfection. Lights were being adjusted, casting a warm glow over the polished marble floors, and tables were being set with fine China and sparkling silverware.

In the midst of all this activity, Dalia spotted Rosa Mariellio, the matriarch of the family, standing tall and composed, her sharp eyes overseeing every detail. Rosa's voice carried over the din as she gave precise instructions to the workers, her gestures confident and authoritative. Beside her was Dina, diligently writing in a diary as Rosa dictated, capturing every detail with quick, precise strokes of her pen.

The scene was a whirlwind of activity, but Dalia moved ahead, drawn by curiosity. As she stepped further into the house, she saw Antonio Mariellio himself seated at a distance. Unlike the others, he wasn't involved in the frantic preparations. He sat in a grand armchair, his posture relaxed but his eyes keenly observing how everything unfolded in front of him. He seemed content to watch, a silent overseer of the bustling preparations, his presence commanding but not intrusive.

Dalia was struck with awe at the grandeur of the preparations, her mind momentarily lost in the spectacle before her. The scene was mesmerizing, and she couldn't help but marvel at the meticulous organization and the sheer elegance of it all.

Suddenly, her thoughts were interrupted by a voice speaking directly into her ear from a very close distance, making her jump. "Surprised much? Or are you just jealous?"

Dalia was startled by Zarion's sudden appearance, her hand flying to her chest as her heart pounded in her ribcage. "Zarion, you scared the living daylights out of me!"

Zarion's laughter rang out, unrestrained and mischievous. "Sorry, miss. Didn't know you were so jumpy."

"So....What's that got you sooo immersed, huh?" he leaned forward with a grin on his face.

Dalia rolled her eyes, still trying to calm her racing heart. "Is it someone's birthday or something? All this..." She gestured to the frenzy of activity surrounding them. "...preparations? What are they for?"

Zarion's eyes widened in mock horror. "A birthday? Really? You think they'd go through all this trouble for a birthday party?" He clutched his chest dramatically. "Are you trying to make me laugh? Sorry we are rich , ok i accept, but we ain't daddy's spoiled princesses"

Dalia raised an eyebrow, her patience wearing thin. "I'm being serious. What's the occasion?"

Zarion leaned in closer, adopting a stage-whisper as if sharing a great secret. "Alright, here's the scoop. We're throwing a grand party for the anniversary of Mariellio Enterprises tomorrow night. Big, shiny, and obnoxiously glamorous."

He spread his arms wide. "It's basically the biggest social event of the year. Think of it as the Super Bowl for rich people."

Dalia shook her head, a hint of a smile tugging at her lips. "Sounds tiring."

Zarion's eyes sparkled with a devilish gleam. "Oh, it's not just exhausting. It's a full-blown charade!  I have to be actually care about people I even refuse to recognize on the street. I mean..." he scoffed "Can you believe it?"

Dalia crossed her arms, glaring at him with a hint of annoyance. "So it's all just show?"

"Exactly!" Zarion clapped his hands together in delight. "It's a bloody masquerade where everyone pretends to be best friends while secretly plotting to one-up each other."