Chapter 11:Beautiful Disaster

He quickly puts on his sneakers, glancing in the mirror to tame his hair, a rich, inky black, cascading in thick layers like a raven's plumage.

"Don't forget your jacket, Sir Zarion," the maid says with a warm smile.

"Yes, thank you, I won't forget," replies a young Zarion, his voice brimming with excitement.

As he ties his shoelaces, his hands shake with anticipation. He dashes outside, towards the sounds of joy and laughter. His heart pounding with anticipation of memories to make. He ran and ran towards the garden with all his might, nearing the sounds at each step. Running fast, steady, feeling the wind gush past his face, through his raven-black hair, he charges forward, ready to take off. His spirit felt light, unburdened, and filled with pure, unfiltered joy. In this moment, if he stays true to himself, he feels he might just fly.

The first thing he saw was a boy older than him, his hair like a golden crown, each strand shimmering in the sunlight. The boy's smile was wide and genuine, a beacon of joy that seemed to light up the entire garden. Running beside him was a girl, her age mirroring Zarion's, her curls bouncing and tugging at the air as they danced in the breeze. Her face was so radiant, it made the sun seem dim in comparison, her laughter a melody that filled the air with warmth. Little Zarion thought to himself, this is all he needs. This is enough to make him happy for the rest of his life, and the life to come, and the life after that.

But as soon as Zarion stepped into the garden, everything fell apart.

The sky, once so vibrant, suddenly darkened. Clouds rolled in, swallowing the sun's warm embrace and turning the world into a shadowy void. The once gentle breeze became a howling storm, and thunder cracked through the heavens, so loud it seemed to shake the very ground beneath him. The boy and the girl, who had been dancing in the sunlit joy, were thrown to the ground, their laughter drowned out by the fierce roar of the storm.

Zarion's heart raced as he ran towards them. But no matter how fast he ran, the distance only grew. The more he reached out, the more they seemed to pull away, like mirages fading before his eyes. His steps grew heavier, each stride feeling like wading through quicksand.

Then, without warning, a cold, heavy weight clamped onto his foot. A searing pain shot through his leg as a massive chain, rusty and unyielding, wrapped around his ankle and dragged him down. He stumbled and fell, the rough ground scraping against his skin. As he lay there, groaning, he looked down in shock to see the cruel iron links of the chain digging into his flesh. 

His eyes filled with tears as he reached out, his hands trembling, trying to grab the fading figures of the boy and the girl. Zarion's heart ached with a profound, empty sorrow. He lay on the ground, staring up at the churning, angry sky, feeling the crushing weight of the chain 

"Zarion, they are your enemies!"

The sky rumbled with a voice that seemed to come from the very heart of the storm. It was a voice so harsh and cold, it felt like ice slicing through the warmth of the summer day.

"The golden boy is a disguise of the devil's son... don't go to him!"

The words echoed in Zarion's mind like a relentless drumbeat, driving fear deep into his soul. His eyes widened in terror as the storm swirled above him.

"WHO IS THIS?" Zarion cried out, his voice trembling as he looked around frantically, seeking the source of the ominous voice. His tiny fists clenched at his sides, desperate to shield himself from the unseen force that seemed to loom over him.

"I only want what's best for you, Zarion... Listen to me!" The voice was smooth but dripping with  a false sweetness that masked its true intent.