3. Ellie Hunter

A\N: This chapter will be a flashback chapter only about Tony and Ellie, it starts from when they first met to when they parted ways after Tony decided to leave the Corps, until their final phone call. This is just a filler chapter,  it won't be as long as my other ones seeing as it's just a filler. I have chapter 4 already written so it will be published when this is, (this is my second update tonight) enjoy Angels. 

NCISNCISNCISNCIS

The first meeting: 

He was impressed to say the least when sees the blonde girl knocking their DI on his ass in the boxing ring. 

"Impressive." He says to the girl helping their DI up. The girl shakes her blonde hair out of its ponytail and Tony's heart stops for a second, she's the most beautiful girl he's ever seen. "Thanks." She replies, stepping out of the ring. She holds out her hand for him to shake and he does, staring into her deep green eyes. 

"Ellie Hunter at your service."  The blonde says as they shake hands. Tony smiles at Ellie. "Tony DiNozzo." He said. 

"Nice to meet you, Tony."

From that day onwards, he and Ellie had each other sixes, were brother and sister, became family to each other, became shoulders to cry on, to protect the other one from nightmares that plagued them, became a force to be reckoned with in the Marines. 

The first fight:

"Are you kidding me, Hunter?!" Tony yells  at her in their barracks. He's kept his anger at her inside all day. "You could have been killed!" He shouts as he throws his weapon on his bed, Ellie stands there with her arms crossed. "I had to save that little girl, DiNozzo, and so what if I was killed, it comes with the territory." Ellie retorts, Tony sighs, calming down a little bit. 

"Hunter, when we're out there, we stick together, we're a team, a unit. You don't break away, you know that. You do that again, I'll have your ass." Tony growls, Ellie scoffs and rolls her eyes. 

"I'm not going to let innocent kids be killed because you're a heartless bastard." She snaps at him before leaving the barracks. Tony groans and sits down on an empty bed. 

Ellie Hunter is the most stubborn soldier in his unit and he'll be damned if she dies because of her own stubbornness.

The first goodbye:

He stands in the airport terminal with his unit surrounding him, well what's left of it. Ellie has tears rolling down her face. He opens his arms for her and she steps into them, her hands balling into fists at his back. 

"I can't believe you're doing this, there's still time to change your mind." His best friend says through her tears, Tony sighs and rubs her back. "You know why I can't change my mind, Elle." He tells her for the tenth time. He has to go, and everyone knows it: he can't stay here. 

"Alright but just know there's always gonna be a place for you here, you know that, right?" One of his men asks, he gives his unit a DiNozzo smile. 

"Oh, I know. Listen to me, be safe all of you, take care of one another." He orders them, his brothers and sisters, the people who are his family, all salute him, a salute he returns. 

"Semper Fi, my Marines." Tony says before releasing Ellie and picking up his carry on. 

"Semper Fi, DiNozzo." His unit says in unison. He gives them one last smile, his eyes lingering on Ellie before he turns around and takes the first step in walking away from the life he's lived for the past 5 years. 

Even though all goodbyes are hard, it's the first goodbyes that are always the hardest to say. 

NCISNCISNCISNCIS

A\N: As I said, this is just a filler chapter, I've got the majority of chapter 4 written, I just need to finish the ending, it'll be published tomorrow. I hope you enjoy this, Angels.