CHAPTER 2: SUMMER FADES TO FALL

CHAPTER 2:

--SUMMER FADES TO FALL—

The night passed by and the king star rises from the grassy fields. It is Monday, I rise from my bed, brush my teeth, my father and I drink the milk I milked from the cow last day, and then we pack our things up. We bring along a basket full of trout and we packed the up our things in the passenger seat of the car. My Dad drives the car slowly but surely because the road we were taking is an accident prone area. Then my father’s phone ring; I think it is my mother who is calling.

“Hey there sweetie, what time will you arrive here I missed Mike so much!.”

“About 2 hours I think? Just add 30 minutes because I’m driving slowly here.”

“(Laughs) are you scared of being crushed by a bike or something?

“(Laughs) what if I say yes? Oh by the way here’s Mike I think he’s going to tell you something.”

My father handed over me the phone.

“Hey Mom! How are you?”

“I’m fine here mike, how’s your vacation?”

“It’s fun. We caught some fish for you.”

“Thank You! Do you find any ranch girl to be your girlfriend?”

“(Laughs) Are you serious? There are no people there; I only see is cows, hordes of sheep, funny horses and a bear. (I looked at dad).”

“(Laughs louder) Is that the monstrous grumpy old bear?”

“Yeah, you want to hear again his scary voice? (Giggles)”

I handed over the phone to my dad (The phone drops to the car’s floor). Then a red car in a top speed is approaching us from a steep curve I think we will be crushed. But father steered the wheel in the right so that we can change lane and we can evade the car. It was a success, but the red car crashed on a tree. My dad and I were looking in the rear mirror to see if the driver is OK. And then a big cargo truck from the lane doesn’t notice us.  BOOM! We crashed. We flip for about 360° from the ground for about 3 times. All I hear is the voice of my mom in the phone.

“Mike? Is everything alright? What was that?”

My body can’t move I think I break some bones in both of my arms.  I looked at my dad. Oh God! His is not awake, his eyes were closed tightly. I tried to shout.

“Dad... (Groans) Dad... Are you alright? (In a painful voice)”

My dad did not respond. His face is covered by blood and the fishes flick their tail in front of me. The smell of the crude oil spreads in my nose. Suddenly I hear cars horning, people shouting, siren of ambulances, and a freaking punk running for his life (I think he is the one who’s driving the car).

My eyes shut tightly, I see the darkness covered my sight. This scenic event sends shivers to my spine like I’m prone to something divine. My senses failed and my hope fades.