Chapter 6

Summary:
Marcel and Dahlia explore Gotham a bit more; Dahlia starts to have questions and takes action against the incompetency known as Marcel's teacher; Marcel meets the Bat Family; Explanations are given; Plans for action are made. Opening the windows, Marcel shivered as a gust of wind blew in. Today was going to be chillier than usual it seems.

He quickly washed up and got dressed, wearing a v-neck shirt over a black long-sleeved undershirt and throwing on a cardigan so he could fend off the cold. He also wore a pair of skinny jeans and hooked the Horse Miraculous on the collar of his shirt.

There was a knock on his door and he opened it to reveal Chris.

“Morning, sunshine.” He greeted.

“Thank god, I was worried I’d have to lose my vocal chords to wake you up.” Chris greeted back in his usual manner.

He was wearing a yellow and black fleece varsity jacket. Like Marcel, Chris was also more susceptible to cold due to his miraculous. Sometimes it wasn’t as obvious but lately, it’s becoming more noticeable. Not that that’s a bad thing. It simply meant he was more in tune with Pollen now. Plus, the side effects could be worse.

“Excited for today?” Chris asked.

Marcel nodded enthusiastically.

Today their class was going to a flea market in Gotham City. Marcel loved flea markets. It was like a treasure hunt filled with all sorts of mysteries and intrigues if you knew where to look. Not to mention some of the clothing they offered had potential to be modified into works of art!

One's man trash is another man's treasure after all. Plus, it saves his wallet the trouble of buying materials to start from scratch.

Walking down, Marcel felt proud that for once, they weren’t late as the class was still gathered at the restaurant to have breakfast.

Not wanting to push his luck, he simply grabbed a muffin to snack on along with a cup of hot chocolate. A part of him longed for the heavenly pastries his parents would usually provide him for breakfast…….

“I’m gonna go wait out in the lobby.” Marcel said once he was finished.

“Sure.” Chris said through a mouthful of toast.

Marcel walked into the lobby and felt a surge of delightful surprise when he saw a familiar black-haired girl lounging in one of the seats, wearing a baggy denim jacket over a yellow shirt with shorts over black leggings and ankle boots. A beanie was placed over her head, no doubt to shield herself from the cold.Morning, Dahlia.” He greeted cheerfully. “What brings you here?”

She shrugged. “I have no plans today. Thought you wouldn’t mind the company.” She said. “Also, your phone?”

He passed it to her and after some fiddling and typing, she gave it back.

“I added my number to your contacts.” She said.

Marcel felt like smacking himself when he belatedly realized that they hadn’t traded numbers until now.

He had the guts to kiss her on their first date but he hadn’t asked for her cell number………wow.

“I think it’s only fair if I give you mine now.” He said.

And he did. Unbeknownst to him however, Dahlia changed his number’s name to ‘Angel’ as soon as she got it back.

“So, where are you and your class going to today?” she asked.

“The flea market.” He replied. “I’m really excited. Flea markets are a real treasure trove. Going there’s like going on a treasure hunt, y’know?”