High School Entrance

quick question, when u guys open a new update of this story, is the picture i put above is shown?

Kala stared at her reflection in the mirror, wearing a brand new grey uniform that reminded her of the recent checkpoint in her life. Her heart thudded for she was nervous and excited at the same time, envisioning how this journey would lead her to the endless possibilities ahead.

Today was the day she officially became a high school student. She chose to go to a regular school rather than the art one that Hyunjin and Jeongin attended. Because even though she made her debut as an idol, she still wanted to experience the usual cliché high school life. It helped her keep realizing that she was still a teenager in the midst of being a public figure.

With the crazy schedule and the constant repetition of practising day after day, Kala sometimes forgot she was a student who had to be concerned about her academics, too. That was why she needed this ordinary routine that had nothing to do with being a K-pop group member.

The knocks on her door snap Kala out of her thoughts. Felix's voice was heard from outside, asking if she was ready to go. He, Chan, Changbin, and Jisung would come to her entrance ceremony this morning. The other members who couldn't join were either at school or had an early class. But after this, they were planning to have a mini celebration at the dorm by ordering jjajangmyeon for dinner.

"Yeah, be right there!" Kala shouted the reply to Felix so he could catch it. After one last check-out on herself, she tightened her ponytail and scurried out of her room.

In the living room, there were already Chan, Changbin, Felix, and their manager who would accompany them to the event. The members formed a smile when Kala appeared in that high school uniform. The feeling of watching her grow up was indescribable. They were proud to say the least.

"Our Kalie is a high school student already," Chan said matter-of-factly and approached the maknae girl, endearingly embracing her shoulders. "Is it just me or you're a bit taller too now?"

"Oppa, I'm always quite tall for a girl."

"You're growing up too fast!" Changbin exclaimed in denial. "A little more and we'll be the same height."

Jisung, who had just come out of his room, remarked, "Hyung, you just need to accept the fact that you're not tall for the average man size." He managed to earn a good slap on his nape that it made a satisfying sound.

"Said the one who's only 2 cm taller than me," Changbin retorted.

While Felix laughed seeing their manager scolded the two, Chan shook his head and focused back on Kala. "How do you feel?"

"A little antsy, but I can't wait to experience high school," she expressed with a true smile, leaving no trace of worry on her face.

Chan mirrored her grin and ruffled her hair adoringly. "Glad you're excited. Just remember, no boys," he admonished, wagging his index finger.

"What—why?" Kala protested in pretend. Of course she knew why, she just wanted to pull up a typical teenage reaction.

But it seemed like Jisung bought her gimmick and was provoked by it. "Why?" he repeated the word in the most I-can't-believe-you-just-questioned-that way. "I tell you why. First, you're an idol. Second, you're just debut. Third, you're from a well-known agency. Fourth, you are a minor. Fifth, you are an idol—"

"You've mentioned that," Changbin interrupted.

Jisung ignored him and went on, "Sixth, I won't let you. Seventh, we won't let you—"

"Well, I will."

"Shut up, Felix."

Before Jisung could continue ranting about 101 more reasons why Kala couldn't have a boyfriend, their manager interjected, "The point is... you are an idol, so no dating for you."

Jisung nodded in satisfaction, his arm crossing on his chest. On the other hand, Kala just shrugged nonchalantly. After all, she had no intention of attaching herself to a romantic relationship anytime soon.

"At least until your dating ban is over, I guess," the manager added.

"Hyung, don't encourage her!"

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

"Say Kala~"

"Kala~"

The five members beamed at the camera and the clicking sound along with flashes captured the moment of Kala's high school entrance. Their bright faces without masks instantly stole people's attention. Students there glanced at them every so often when they noticed there were K-pop idols in their school. It was fortunate that they were considerate enough not to pester.

The staff in charge of filming their vlog was also there, following them anywhere with an eye-catching camcorder. That was probably what attracted people to take a double look at them and give them away.

After taking many pictures and video footage, the five walked outside the school as they waited for their manager to get the car at the parking lot so they could go home.

"Our maknae is in high school now, should I say congrats?" Jisung chirped, walking with his arm wrapped around Kala's shoulders.

"For finally expanding my social circle?" Kala suggested, slightly gazing up at the squirrel boy.

"No," Jisung rejected the suggestion in a bored manner. He expected some cool words worth being tweeted for a quote of the day.

"For finally can argue with I.N that she's a high schooler too?" Felix on Kala's left joined in.

"Not that one too."

"For finally being able to apply for a part-time job?" Changbin offered next.

"What—no. Why does Kala have to do a part-time job?" Jisung threw Changbin a c'mon-man look.

Chan didn't waste his turn to also play around and enrage Jisung. "Then for finally having a chance to find a crush?"

"No!"

Chan cackled when his bait was bitten. He was aware at this point Jisung was so attached to Kala that he began to be a little wary of someone new that tried to come into their dynamic. It wasn't a big deal if he was just being cautious like Chan usually did to the people around Kala, but if it started being overly serious, he needed to tell the younger boy to take it easier for their girl maknae.

"You guys are lame," Jisung complained, unamused. "For finally starting a new chapter in her life!"

Changbin booed at him, not finding his statement interesting. "Boring~"

Jisung pulled away from Kala and turned to face Changbin who was walking behind them with Chan. He kicked the sandy field to the older boy, sending the dust flying into the air. Then they continued giving each other a coughing fit with it.

Not wanting to miss the show, Kala walked backwards to witness the boys who were two and three years older than her acting like kindergarten kids fighting over who had the best mountain scenery drawing.

That was when Kala remembered she didn't have eyes on the back of her head, and as an obvious consequence, her body collided with something. Or more like someone, because when Kala couldn't balance herself to avoid falling to the ground, a pair of hands swiftly held her shoulders.

"Are you okay?"

Kala looked up and found a charming boy towering over her, concern imprinted on his features. His face would easily make him a heartthrob of the school—you know, the type that when he passed by, people couldn't help but stare. And Kala didn't realize she had been staring until Jisung's bark brought her back to reality.

"What in the shit K-drama is this?!"