Chapter 8

Sat at her kitchen island, Sofía was eating her breakfast. The sun lit up the room in the warmest of colours, and birds were chirping outside.

She was bored since Elena had left. But also relieved? She was a lot to take.

Nothing had happened in these two weeks. She was just settling in and always had the same routines.

Waking up
Training
Coming back
Make her apartment a place to live
Training
Relax on the sofa
Go to bed

Nothing fun happened.

Of course, the girls of her team were nice, but when you're an introvert, it's not your strength to walk up to people and ask them if they wanted to do something with you.
So she sat in silence all day.

That morning, she was preparing for an important match. Her first one

There were no training ones before, like she was used to in cologne. No, the season started.

The soft sounds of diverse songs of Taylor Swift were heard in the background, coming out of the boxes she had installed the week before.

While changing into her tracksuit provided by the club, Sofía quietly sung along.

After slipping into the jacket at zipping it up, she stepped in front of the mirror on the wall to take a closer look at herself.

The Barça badge was proudly sitting on her chest, and it gave her motivation.

She couldn't let them down.

The drive to the training ground was silent, just some silent Spanish songs were playing.
While driving, she was taking in the lovely views of Barcelona. Like every day. But each time she would discover a new place.

A new, cosy looking Café or a stunning little park.

After a half an hour long drive Sofía arrived at the car park of the training centre. The sun was beaming down and heated the ground, which offered little to no shadow.

The walk to the changing rooms was peaceful. Passing the various kinds of pitches, she could spot a few athletes.

When she finally arrived, she sat her bag down and started changing. Shortly after, Laura, one of her teammates, entered the room and greeted her with a bright smile.

"Hola Sofía! You are early!" She exclaimed and put her bag down beside her.

"I know. I just thought that as this is my first game, I have to make a good impression." Sofía smiled kinda nervously.

"No need to worry. You'll do great." Laura encouraged her. The brunettes Spanish accent was really showing while speaking.

"Thank you. It's just: I've been here for about two and a half weeks. That's not that much time to connect with the team and learn to fit into their style of playing." This was really bothering her. She didn't have much time to find into the team. What if that would show, and they would lose because of her?

"After what I've seen in training, you'll do just great. You fit into the team so well." Laura said and embraced the blonde in a warm hug.

The time passed fast, and more and more of their teammates started arriving. As they were all changed into their warm-up shirts, they made their way out onto the field.

The first step onto the pitch made Sofía sense pride. She was really there and playing for Barça, the club she supported since birth.

As they ran a few laps around the pitch, she scanned the stands. Not many people had made their way to their game. But when you didn't play football, crowds of thousands of people weren't usual.