CHAPTER III

━━━━━━༺༻ ━━━━━━
CHAPTER III
BODY DOUBLE

━━━━━━༺༻ ━━━━━━CHAPTER IIIBODY DOUBLE

━━━━━━༺༻ ━━━━━━

𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐃 in her sketchbook, her attention undisturbed by the familiar chime of the bell as the door to Pop's swung open. The familiar rhythmic tap of heels against the tiled floor failed to draw her gaze too.

"Fifteen minutes late, Sam." She remarked casually, her pencil tracing shapes on the page. With deliberate care, she closed her sketchbook setting it down alongside her pencil, her interest momentarily diverted.

Samantha slid into the booth opposite her, a mischievous grin spreading across her face. "Sorry, mom. Won't happen again." She joked.

"I'll forgive you if you pay for my milkshake."

Samantha chuckled, nodding in agreement. "Deal."

Seated in their usual booth at Pop's, the two girls indulged in their weekly ritual of sharing gossip and secrets over milkshakes. Samantha savored a sip of her strawberry flavoured drink before leaning in, her eyes sparkling with anticipation.

"I have some interesting news but I want you to go first. Come on, what's new in the gothic drama that is the Blossom family?"

Florence couldn't help but chuckle at Samantha's enthusiasm, rolling her eyes in mock exasperation. Despite being very popular, nobody could keep a secret as well as the blond girl sitting across from Florence.

Leaning in closer, Florence's voice was low. "Jason tried running away. Cheryl was in on it, apparently. They planned to fake his death so that he could run away somwhere on the other side of the river. That's where the whole the boat tipped and Jason drowned thing comes from. Honestly, that family cannot get any crazier."

"Wait, so this whole time Cheryl thought Jason was alive on the other side of the river. I mean, until they found the body." Sam trailed off, piecing together the implications of the revelation. "Did James know about all of... this?"

"He says he didn't." Florence looked out the window.

"You believe him?"

After taking a sip from her chocolate milkshake, Florence nodded. "I do. You should've seen his face when Sheriff Keller came in the middle of the class for Cheryl and dragged him out too. I think he was more shocked than any of us were." She giggled.

"Are you guys finally together?" Sam giggled, making Florence roll her eyes.

"No, nothing like that," she clarified, her cheeks flushing slightly. "We're just friends. It's... complicated, especially with everything going on with his family. Maybe he needs some space to deal with it all."

Samantha leaned forward, her eyes alight with a mixture of excitement and encouragement. "Seriously, Flo, from the way he's been acting lately, I wouldn't say he's looking for space. If the guy likes you, why not go for it? Who cares, you only live once." She flashed Florence a warm smile.