CHAPTER VIII

━━━━━━༺༻ ━━━━━━
CHAPTER VIII
THE OUTSIDERS

━━━━━━༺༻ ━━━━━━CHAPTER VIIITHE OUTSIDERS

━━━━━━༺༻ ━━━━━━

𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐇 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐂𝐇 in the student lounge, nestled against James's side as his arm draped casually around her shoulders. With her sketchbook balanced on her knees, she drew slow strokes with her pencil. The conversation around her continued, but Florence was lost in her own world.

Betty's voice pierced through Florence's concentration, drawing her attention momentarily. "Polly's convinced herself that no one wants her baby." She remarked, her tone laced with concern. Glancing up from her sketch, Florence caught a glimpse of the solemn expression on Betty's face before returning her gaze to the canvas of her notebook.

"Besides, of course, the child-snatching Blossom monsters," Kevin replied. James and Cheryl's icy glares bore into Kevin, making him continue. "No offence, guys."

"None taken." Cheryl replied.

"So your mom and dad want Polly but not the baby and the Blossom's want the baby but not Polly. It's a true Gordian knot." Jughead concluded, making Florence glance up from her notebook, a faint smile tugging at the corners of her lips.

"It's an impossible situation." Betty stated.

"An impossible situation is being invited to the Vanity Flair Oscar party and Elton John's party the same night, which happened to me one year. I know." Veronica interjected, earning a shocked expression from Kevin.

"This merely an annoying situation. But luckily, I have been percolating on an idea, hellishly simple in its conception." She declared, her gaze sweeping across the faces of her friends. "What if my mom and I were to host a baby shower?" She proposed.

"Count me in." Cheryl replied immediately.

"You want Polly to feel loved and supported." Veronica continued.

Betty nodded. "Yeah, but ideally by her own parents."

"Okay, so baby steps, girl. Get Polly and your parents in the same room, in a public setting where they can't fight and voila, let the healing begin."

"Am I expecting to come to this thing?" Jughead asked, glancing at his sister who was still immersed in the notebook resting on her lap.

"Of course. You're Betty's boyfriend, so..." Veronica trailed off. The couple went quiet at her words, spearing awkward glances at each other. "Oh, my god, you guys, relax. It's just a word that starts with the letter B."

"Betty, what do you say?" Veronica continued, making Betty smile in response.

The atmosphere shifted with the sudden appearance of Alice Cooper. "Elizabeth Cooper." Her voice cut through the air like a knife.