Chapter 3

I open the door to my homestay and the first word which comes out of my mouth is "Shit!". Why don't the windows have no curtains? Like seriously? This 14 hour flight and then I have to get curtains first to get changed out of my clothes ? Every window is made of see through glass and even a whole wall is made of sliding glass door, which is somehow good, I can take aesthetic pictures here LOL.

I head out to buy some white curtains for the bedroom, I'll change there, no need to waste money every room.

I came across a flower shop on the way to ask for directions.

"Hey! Sorry to disturb, but can you tell me where I can buy some curtains? I am new here."

"Oh yes ofcourse gourgeous.", said the man with a vase in his hand. "If you go down this road you'll reach a fabric shop, they have amazing curtains, and cheao too."

"Oh thanks a lot. By the way, your shop is beautiful."

"Thank you lady, beautiful just like you."

I left after returning his kind smile.

Nairobi is such a beautiful city, feels so good to have a change after NYC.

Most middle aged to older women around the city are wearing colourful traditional clothes, maybe they wear that all throughout the year.

I bought some curtains and headed back to my homestay. On the way I got some donuts and coffee and came back to the same flower shop again.

Ofcourse I bought some flowers from the man cause he was so kind to help. I bought some lilies. Beautiful.

The man is the shop owner, quite astonishing, cause he seemed too young at first. I thought he was in his early 20's, but turns out he is 34. Pretty men as always. His name is David Corringan. I'll probably come back to this shop again just to see his pretty face.

I did a lot of work after coming back; putting up the curtains, washing up, setting my work space, ugh. Today was my rest day basically, I had the whole evening to myself and then from tomorrow morning I'll have to head for the team project. It is a big project. These fundraisers are very important for firms like ours.

I had a quick nap of 1 hour and then headed out to the city to explore like a local. I had some streetfood, took pictures, made friends with strangers and visited a beautiful local cafe. It was a small café, but so different from the ones they have in NYC, Korea or India. It was so beautiful and peaceful, I felt so comfortable sitting. I prepared for my presentation tomorrow while I drank coffee in that cute little café.

I should'hv been tired after such a long journey, but somehow Kenya felt like a safe place for me, it felt like a lifesaver I took to escape from that airport, or to be honest NYC right now, cause there is someone in NYC waiting for me to return.

I don't think I want to return anymore now.

I logged into facebook and searched 'Ryan Ronalds'.

I don't know how long I stared at his picture, but it seemed too long cause the screen faded like 3-4 times.

I opened his chat and there it was, "Can we talk?"

I finally replied, "About what?"

He instantly came online and I could see typing for more than a minute.

"About me, you, us. I'm sorry."

"I don't have anything to talk about."

"I do, and I know I can't force you to listen to me, but I can request you. So please, if not online, then let's just meet and talk. I'll come anywhere."

"I'm not in India."

"I'll come to NYC."

"I'm not there either."

"Then where are you? Tell me. I'll come anywhere to just talk to you properly and clearly. I'm on a nine day break for work anyway."

"I landed in Nairobi today."

"So Kenya?"

"Yeah."

"I'll come in a day or two. I'll let you know before I come. Send me the place you are staying in, I'll book a room there for myself."

"Estate gardens."

"Done! See you soon. Take care."

Two big events in one day huh? My brain is jammed. What am I supposed to do?

I came back to my homestay and sat in the open balcony with a tea in my hand and a book. For the first time in months I kept the book unread on the table and stared at the sky for 30 mins straight. Something in me shifted. It felt like my heart moved a little somehow. I don't know if that is physically possible, but I think it happened. I wasn't in love. I was sad. Sad thinking about all the things that happened to me in the past and all the things that could happen to me in the future too if I let it happen.

I went back to my bedroom, brought my laptop to the balcony and sat there comfortably and opened my digital journals.

I need to refresh my mind with all the past disasters so that I can avoid the upcoming ones.

The beginning of my second innings of sleepless nights.