Chapter 4

September 22, 2019, Sunday,

Happy Birthday to me! I had my sweet sixteen party just a few hours ago and I'm so happy. This was the biggest birthday party I had after so many years, the last huge one was probably on my 10th birthday party, but this one was even bigger.

All of my friends from school came, Ryan too. He gifted me a crystal bracelet, cause he knew I liked collecting crystals. I can akready tell I'm going to be wearing that crystal bracelet like 25 hours a day. Yes you read that right.

I received a hell lot of chocolates oh god! I feel like I can make a bed with those. There were so many gifts I liked from all of my relatives and other friends, but my two best friends probably had given me the best gifts; Rebecca gave me a huge Shawn Mendes collage and I can't stop looking at it till now. All the pictures of Shawn are so hot. (If you don't know, I'm married to Shawn Mendes since 2015, he doesn't know that though.) I think I'll just melt staring at it. The other gift was from Percy which I liked a lot, a watch. See I got a lot of watches that day, but that watch meant a lot because Percy is someone who doesn't show efforts for people too easily. For example, when he has to buy gifts for people for their birthdays, he usually asks his mother to buy whatever she wants on her way home, but this watch, he bought it himself, and with his own money. He went to the store and bought this maroon watch, which is of my favourite colour, and for the context, I lost a beautiful watch in school a month ago and I was very sad about that cause it used to be my favourite watch, and he noticed that and kept that in mind. I loved it.

I couldn't keep my eyes away from my phone like the whole day cause messages kept coming in "Happy Birthday Maria!"

I replied to all of the messages on whatsapp and posted a common thank you message on facebook for the teachers and the relatives who wished me online.

It was quite overwhelming, but it was warm, to be surrounded by the people I love on my birthday.

Oh I forgot to mention the most important gift I received – a whole set of classics novels from my parents. It has 6 books in it. I can't control my excitement. And ofcourse they each gave me new dresses and chocolates, that's a given ritual for every year, but the books are what excite me the most.

September 23, 2019, Monday,

Guess what happened! Veronica Ma'am gave me a gift today!

"You didn't tell me it was your birthday yesterday, by the time I got to know from the facebook posts of other teachers, your birthday was already over." she said, while handling me a small box of something, wrapped in a turquoise blue gift-wrap.

"Oh, why did you bring me a gift? You didn't have to!"

Yes, cause I feel bad accepting gifts from people without giving them anything in return, cause this time my birthday was on Sunday and ofcourse we are almost grown ups now, we don't give chocolates to teachers anymore.

"I just wanted to give you something. You are my favourite student afterall." She said, and smiled. "Belated Happy Birthday Maria."

"Thank you so much ma'am."

"Did you have a good party?"

"Yes I did. You saw the pictures?"

"Yes I saw your whatsapp status, but I didn't wish you then cause it was 2am. I thought you were asleep, and either way we were going to meet in school in the morning, so I bought you a gift as well."

"I feel bad taking a gift from you."

"Why?"

"I'm like that. I don't like taking gifts from people unless I give them something in return."