Chapter 23-Civilization

At Dawn, suffering from exhaustion, the green-eyed man led the group to a gigantic wall made of galvanise. They all stared at the letters on the wall forming the word 'CAMP SURVIVOR'.

 Liz and the green-eyed man stood side by side in front of the group,

"Welcome to Camp Survive." Liz exclaimed, turning around and smiling at the camp then she smiled at the green-eyed man. 

"You guys really went all out. How big is this place?" Jacob said as he walked up to the door, hearing chatter coming from inside.

"Wait." Jane shouted as Jacob was about to open the door, he stopped and looked at her. "What kind of people live here?" Jane asked the green-eyed man. "Who are you?" Jane asked him again, stepping forward.

He stared at her for a few seconds, "My name is Jason Anderson. But everyone calls me Anderson." He said with a cheeky smile.

"What were you before this all started?" Jane said her curiosity piqued. "Jane!" her mother shouted at her, letting her know she was out of line. But Jane was resistant. 

She put a hand up in her mother's direction, shushing her. Liz gave her grimace as Jane stared at Anderson.

"I saved you from dozens of Assassins and you dare question me." Anderson's irritation was shown as he faced Jane.

"What were you huh?" Anderson questioned her.

"A high school student." Jane said scoffing.

Amy chuckled at Jane's response, knowing that Jane was always the person to piss someone off.

"You're lucky your Liz's daughter." Anderson said as his gaze went towards the door where Jacob was. "Excuse me." Liz and Brian said in unison.

"And you're lucky my powers are going away." Jane said then suddenly she got a sharp pain in her stomach, she rested the palm of her hand on it. Celestine noticed this.

"Is she gonna be a problem?" Anderson asked Liz. She looked at him then at Jane. She walked towards the door and touched the handle. "Welcome to the camp." She said as she opened the door.

The camp was not what they all expected. 

Jacob went through the door after Liz, then Jane went in, then Amy, then Aria, then Brian, then Annalise, then Celestine was about to walk through the door when Anderson stopped her.

"You're not allowed in here." he told her, and she rolled her eyes. "You can't be serious," Celestine shouted, making him flinch, "I'm not here to hurt anyone!"

"You have caused havoc for countless lives." Anderson shouted back at her, blocking the door. Jacob noticed the commotion and went back out the door, pushing him out the way. "She's changed." Jacob exclaimed to him, but he didn't change his mind.

"Look, The Master was controlling me, she was... She manipulated me into hurting people. I thought I was doing the right thing." Celestine admitted to him, looking for pity. But she didn't find any.

"She's helped us. And she'll continue to help us." Jacob said, staring into celestine's eyes.

Anderson was silent.

"You brought me to the camp only to not let me in? Such a dumb move. If I was still working with The Master, you all would've been dead within 10 seconds." Celestine said angrily as she turned towards the woods.

"Come on, she's not who she was before. And I promise she will make up for it." Jacob said, pleading. He wanted Celestine there; he needed her to teach him about his newfound power within him.

Anderson sighed, "She killed my mother." his unrelinquishing anger was perceptible.

Silence came upon them, Jacob exhaled, he didn't realise he had held in his breath. "That person right there," he pointed in her direction, "is not the person who killed your mother. Not anymore."

Anderson shaked his head. "She is trying to make up for it." he said under his breath. Celestine smiled; she can't remember the last time someone stuck up for her like that. She was grateful for Jacob.

Anderson breathed in and out, then looked at Celestine then back at Jacob, "One day," he closed his eyes then opened, he couldn't believe he was saying this, "One day and if she doesn't give me a reason to let her stay, she's out."

Jacob nodded and smiled, "Celeste." he called out to her, making her spin around.

They both enter the metallic grey door; Jane and the others wait for them. "Took you long enough." Aria chuckled and they all stood side by side, gazing at the camp.

It was crowded, a lot more people than they expected. There were houses, actual houses. They couldn't have built all of this in over five years.

 It was like civilization, men, women, children, teens, toddlers. People were making children in these times? Jane thought to herself, she couldn't believe that. She'd never birth a child in all this chaos. They'd never experience a real childhood.

"Here we go." Jacob murmured.

"Jane." Celestine said, heading towards her. Liz headed forward making known she was going to check on her house. Brian and Aria both headed to what looks like a park for little kids. 

It looked wholesome, flowers growing all over the floor, kids playing on the swing, little benches to sit on and the kids' parents chatting. It looked almost...normal.

Jane nodded at Celestine, "What do you want?" she asked her. Celestine looked at Annalise who was subtly listening in on the conversation.

"Uh I'll go look for something to do." Annalise said as she awkwardly walked away. She rolled her eyes, It's always Jane.

"There's something I need to tell you." Celestine said. Jane sighed, "Who'd you kill." she declared.

Celestine scoffed, "Just because I have something to tell you doesn't mean i killed someone, I'm trying to redeem myself remember." Celestine crossed her arms.

"Then what is it?" Jane asked, making it known she wanted to go check out the place. Celestine looked at Amy and Jacob who were indulging in conversation behind them.

"Remember when I helped you try to fight off the Assassins with my powers?" Celestine asked, trying to rush to the point. "Yeah, thanks for that." Jane said, smiling.

"When I touched you, I felt something." Celestine added, her eyes looking at Jane with pity. "Well hurry up and spit it out, tell me." Jane said, her irritation showing in her voice.

"I couldn't tell what it was then but," Celestine continued, holding Jane's hand, "Jane, you're pregnant."