page 7 : red 100's

• THIS STORY CONTAINS MATURE SCENES AND STRONG LANGUAGE AND TOBACCO

     My feet gliding inside my white slippers , my father needed to talk , about what I wondered as I nervously make my way to his office , as my mind continued about Elijah goldsmen , why did he care ?

My eyes meeting Elijah's ; I furrow my eyebrows in confusion , I sit myself in a modern leather brown seat , crossing my leg over the other  .

My fathers deep masculine voice speaks as he pulls his hands together

Mr Harris - "  Lue , I have something too discuss with you ."

Lue - " okay ?"
I questioned

My father clears his throat to speak formally

Mr Harris - " Mr Elijah is going to be staying with us this summer "

Lue - " what ?"
I replied in a high  voice

I say as I was shook from the words that came out of his mouth . I glance to you Elijah you hide your tears  behind your eyes thinking I wouldn't notice .

Lue - " why? " I ask nervously

Mr Harris  - " if he chooses to tell you he will it's not my business too ."

I nod my head , as we all stand to depart from the conversation my father shows Elijah to his room he will be staying in for the time . Gently kissing me on my temple .

I arrive to my room , I gently close my door . I grab my vanilla candle my red lighter that I bedazzled . I place my candle on my minimalistic side table . I open my hidden box under my bed and grab my hidden cigarettes .

I only smoke when I'm in thought , I know I'm goody two shoes no one would expect me to smoke but I enjoyed the secrecy .

I peak through my door to see if anyone was awake close was clear I tiptoe my way down the stairs to our back door in the laundry room .

I jog to mine and Marcus's old tree house in the cool night air I open the side window that had the view of the beach in-front of it .

I grab Marcus's old chair I giggle remembering our memories up here . I open my pack of  Marlboro red 100's  I place it in between my smooth lips with my nude tented lipstick.

I inhale my first inhale of my cigarette slowly leaning my head back holding it in for a moment , and slowly release . I lay my jaw on my palm watching the waves clash as I inhale once more .

Lue - " if only I can feel this peace every moment of my life " I spoke outloud to myself

Elijah - " do you have another one of those ? "

I jump in scarce ; I was so focused to the view I didn't hear him come up . I stand and shyly speak

Lue - " ye yeah "

Lue - " how long have you been standing there ?"
I ask

Elijah - " since you forgot to check to see if anyone was in the kitchen "

Lue - " you followed  me ?"

Elijah - " yes , so you have one I can have ? "

Lue - " ye yeah "

I hand one to Elijah he confidently reaches out to grab it as our fingers  touch we both glance quickly to each other .

He grabs another chair and sits down beside me . His muscular leg touching my leg from being so close to one another to both fit by the window .

He flicks the lighter bringing it closer to his face lighting the cigarette. The light of the lighter highlighting the sparkles and sweat on his face and allowing his deep ocean blue eyes to glow .

Elijah - " I didn't know you smoked golden girl "

I blush , and my face becomes hot

Lue - " only when I'm in my thoughts I sneak up here "

He smirks and slightly laughs while taking a hit of his cigarette.

Elijah - " good to know "

Silence for a moment when I get the courage to ask

Lue - " can I ask you a question? "

Elijah - " my fathers a asshole , who's only thing in life is too get angry when I loose a football game and drink his life away "
Elijah replied knowing what I was going to ask before I could.

Lue - " I'm sorry Elijah "
I say with so much passion and emotion for him.

Elijah - " it's not your fault , I'm grateful your father is letting me stay for the summer .

We sit in silence for a moment gazing to the beach listening to the crickets and fireflies fly around .

Elijah - " what is on your mind ?"
He asked without hesitation

I hesitate debating on if I should be open with him it's not like we are anything more than friends.but it feels nice knowing he's wondering

Lue - " I lost my virginity today to Liam ."

I say shyly and nervously to hear his response . I needed it to be off my chest to someone and ask questions.

His features darken , his body tense , he hits his cigarettes then asks softly gazing upward to my emerald eyes .

Elijah - " how was it for you ? "

My eyes shock as I thought he would cuss at me from the reaction earlier

Lue - " it was more than I thought it would be , it was and felt amazing . But I feel a weight on my chest wondering if it was amazing to him like it was for me"

I reply while lowering my head glancing at my knees , fettling with my thumbs . Elijah lifts my chin a moves closer to me and whispers

Elijah - " anyone who doesn't feel amazing while with you is someone worth not being  with "   

He finishes his cigarette, and stands up fixing his shorts he climes down the stairs and heads inside without saying good bye