Chapter 6

-Angelina-

"Here you go" Suki said handing me a pill.

"Thanks Suki" I smiled.

"Angelina, one more round" Rio said.

"I'm tired" I whined. We have been training almost everyday straight for the last few weeks. I became really good at racing cars, but it's never been enough for Rio.

"I don't care, c'mon" he said moving his head in the car's direction.

I swallowed the pill Suki gave me and made my way to the car. I sat in and looked over at Suki, she smiled to me holding her thumbs up.

I drove to the start line and waited for Rios signal to start.

"3, 2, 1 go!" Rio yelled starting the timer.

With his words the world around me froze. I drove the car a few times while I was wasted before, but now this feels different.
I pushed down the pedal. My vision got blurry but the muscle memory prevented me from crashing.
The next thing I know, I was at the finish line.
What just happened? I continued sitting in the car with a loud ringing sound in my ears, wondering what was the name of the pill Suki gave me.

Then suddenly I heard a knock on my window. It was Rio so I rolled it down. "That was good, but you don't look very well. I need you to be in a good shape for the race, and I need you to stop taking drugs, doll" he said. I hate when he calls me that.

"Rio, I'm fine" I said resting my head on the seat.

"I can see that you're not. Suki will take you back home. Can you get out of the car?" He asked opening my car door.

"Yeah" I said standing up. But truly I didn't feel well, I feel lightheaded. I probably should eat soon. We have been out all day.

"Angelina?" Rio said.

"What?" I asked. The ringing voice in my ears started getting louder.

"Suki" Rio said looking at her and then pointing his eyes towards me.

"Of course" Suki said walking quickly over.

Then I noticed Rio was holding me up, like I couldn't stand on my own. Suki grabbed me by my waist and pulled me in.

"Suki what did you gave me?" I asked on our way to her car.

"The usual, I'm not sure what is wrong. Have you a eaten today?" She asked.

"I think so" I said sitting down in the passenger seat.

"What did you ate?" She asked starting the car.

"Cereal, the one you always buy. It's very good" I smiled.

"That was yesterday" she said giving me a weird look. "Let's go out and eat, or do you just wanna eat back at Rio's?" She then asked.

"I don't really feel well, can we stay at home?" I asked.

"Sure" she answered.