Chapter 10

-Angelina-

"Angelina, this is the last week of training. I want you to give all you got? Got it?" Rio said leaning against my car window.

"Got it" I sighed. I was really tired. I'm not even being dramatic. Everyday was the same. It feels like I got lost in between them.

"Ok, Suki you ready?" He said walking away from me.

"Yeah. 3, 2, 1 go!" Suki yelled.

I pushed down the pedal as always, and speeded off.

I've been thinking about Tom a lot lately. Or at least more than I used to. How will it feel when I'll know he's dead. I still feel somehow connected to him. Maybe mostly through memories. Either way I can't get myself to ever forget about him. He has made a huge impact in my life. Even though i didn't spend a lot of time with him in the past, he never left my life.

Will he know that I will be the one he will be racing against? Or will Rio want me to stay under cover? Rio is so confusing, but I know that it's the best for me if I listen. It's hard to compare Rio with Tom, but they're both scary and a little crazy. I still wonder why Rio wants Tom dead so bad. Do they have a past together, or is Rio assigned to kill him?

I stopped at the finish line, and watched Rio walk up to me. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" I answered.

"You drove slower than yesterday" Rio said looking straight at me. I have him an emotionless look in return. "Drive again to the start line. And focus, Doll" he added.

—————

After training Suki drove me back to Rio's once again.

We were sitting on the couch, watching a movie when a spontaneous idea crossed Suki's mind. "Wanna go out?" She asked.

"What? It's very late, I'm sure Rio wouldn't let me anyway" I said. Thought it would be nice. The only places I've been going to are Rio's home, aka where I'm currently living, and the training hall, and sometimes the supermarket.

"I can ask Rio. I mean he probably wouldn't let you drink at least, or be much around other people tho" she said pulling up her phone.

After their conversation Suki turned to me smiling. "He let us go, but only for one hour" she said excited.

"One hour? That's noth- amazing. I'm surprised he let me go. Where is he by the way?" I asked.

"At his friends house" Suki said making me get up from the couch.

"Okay, how much time do we have before we leave?" I then asked.

"We need to leave as quickly as possible. Let's say the *one hour* starts when we leave, but it's pretty late so" Suki said walking up the stairs with me.

"Yeah of course. Can you borrow me a cute outfit? I only have basic training clothes" I smiled to her.

"Sure, I have a top and some pants that would look amazing on you" she said pulling me into her room.

When I first got here I thought Suki was Rio's girlfriend. But turns out she just lives here because of the project, kinda like me. I have never wanted to overstep something between me and Suki so I never asked about her past that much. However, I'll probably ask her when I'll get drunk. Then I'll have an excuse. I wonder if Rio let me drink, maybe Suki forgot to mention something. Either way, I have to use this opportunity to finally get out for a moment. Maybe it'll help me relax a little and that can help me race.