Part 12

Ben, Jay, Carlos, Evie and I are now running to the limo. Evie pulled some outfits for me and my brother to wear to the Isle. Evie really has so much skill, her clothes are comfy AND stylish.

"Jays, keys and remote." Ben throws them to Jay.

"Wait! Something is wrong." We all look at her. Shit, what is it?

She steps in front of me, raises her hands... and fixes my beanie. "Ah." I smile at her.

"There."

Suddenly Dude yells "Shotgun!" We all look confused at the dog. 

"No Dude, stay. The Isle is way too dangerous."

The dog looks disappointed at the floor. "Ahh.."

My mouth hangs open... Since when can Dude talk? "Did he just-"

"Talk? Yeah, I know. I'll tell you later." 

"Uhm.. Okay, let's go." Everyone walks to the limo.

I sit next to Evie. "Okay. Once we cross the bridge, park under the pier in the old garage. Got it?"

"Got it." Jay says as he begins driving. Wait, when did he learn to drive a car?

-

As we drive over the bridge the golden bridge appears, it's so beautiful.

-

When we arrive Jay immediately turns off the lights. We step out. I'm so nervous right now. I begin fiddling with the rings on my fingers. Evie grabs them and looks me in the eye. "We'll be fine. I promise." I smile and nod at her.

"Ben, help me with the tarp." Carlos and him grab the tarp and walks back to us, throwing it over the limo. They put it over the limo, but it's definitely not enough so Ben and Carlos walk back and grab another one. 

"It's really weird being back here.." Evie stares off. 

"We'll get in and get out." Jay says. 

I grab Evie's hand. 

"Hey Jay." Carlos throws the tarp over the car. I let go of Evie's hands and help them with pulling it over it.

Ben walks off. "Hey, what's in here?" 

"Ben.."

"You don't wanna know."

"Hey guys. Keep it chill, alright?" Carlos says obviously seeing the tension in the air. "Last thing we need is our parents figuring out we're here." 

We nod and we start walking. Suddenly I hear Evie go "Hey!" I whip my head around to see two kids trying to steal her purse. "Hey! Stop." As the kids look at her a tiny bit scared she sighs. "Just take it." The kids smile and run off. 

We turn around again to keep walking. "Ugh Ben.." My brother hadn't noticed we had stopped walking and wandered further. When we catch up with him some sort of pirate growled at him and took a few steps towards him. "Ben, stop. Just stop."

"Why?"

"This isn't a parade it's the Isle." 

"Keep your hands in your pockets unless you're stealing."

"You either slouch or strut."

"And never ever smile."

"Okay, thanks.."

"No! No thank yous and drop the please too. Just.. Chill."

"Let me tell you something you can really trust
Everybody's got a wicked side
I know you think that you can never be like us
Watch and learn so you can get it rightYou need to drag your feet
You need to nod your head
You need to lean back
Slip through the cracks
You need to not care (uh, you need to not stare)
You need a whole lot of help
You need to not be yourselfYou wanna be cool?
Let me show you how
Need to break the rules
I can show you how
And once you catch this feeling, once you catch this feeling
You'll be chillin', chillin', ohChillin' like a villain (chillin')
Chillin' like a villain (chillin')
Chillin' like a villain (hey)
Chillin' like a-, chillin' like a (hey), villainYou get attention when you act like that
Let us teach you how to disappear
You look like you would lose a fight to an alley cat
You gotta be wrong to get it right 'round hereYou need to watch your back
You need to creep around
You need to slide real smooth
Don't make a sound
And if you want it, take it
And if you can't take it, break it
If you care about your health (seriously, you need to not be yourself)You wanna be cool?
Let me show you how
Need to break the rules
I can show you how
Once you catch this feeling, once you catch this feeling
You'll be chillin', chillin', ohChillin' like a villain (chillin')
Chillin' like a villain (chillin')
Chillin' like aI really wanna be bad a lot
And I'm giving it my best shot (but it's hard being what I'm not)
(Well if you don't, you're gonna get us caught)He's right, we gotta stay low-key
Now show us how bad you can be
(Like this?) Yeah, yeah, yeah
(Oh yeah, I think I got this)
(Let's go, I'm ready to rock this)
And I ain't gonna thank you for your help
I think I found the worst in myselfYou wanna be cool?
Let me show you how
Need to break the rules
I can show you how
And once you catch this feeling, once you catch this feeling
You'll be chillin', chillin', ohChillin' like a villain (chillin')
Chillin' like a villain (chillin')
Chillin' like a villain"

Ben ofcourse immediately bumps into someone. "Hey man- Hey, I know you!"

"Uhh.. No, don't know you either man." 

"Uhhh yeah you do." Evie, Ben and I share glances. "Come on man. Really? Huh? Dude I'll give you a hint. My dad is quick, slick, and his neck is incredibly thick." Ben looks at me and then past me to Jay. I thought Evie said 'never ever smile' but damn, this guy's smile is stuck on his face I think. "Come on man.." He looks past Ben. 

His smile drops. "Huh?" He points to something and we all look. It's a poster with Ben and Mal on it. "Huh?" He points to Ben and then points to the poster again. "Huh." Realization washes over his face. He gasps "Oh you're king Ben!" He looks at me "and you're princess Y/n!"

"No- no no I don't think so!" Evie, Jay and Carlos drag us away. 

"No you totally are King Ben and Princess Y/n. And you're Jay, Carlos, Evie. Hey, guys."

-

"Come on." Jay grabs a rock and throws it at a sign that says 'Danger! Flying rocks.'

As Ben starts walking up the steps he looks over his shoulder at us. "Wish me luck."

"All the way up." Jay says, directing him to the place Mal is at.

"Goodluck." Evie and I sit down at the bottom of the steps as we wait for Ben to come back, hopefully with Mal. I lay my head on her shoulder.

"I'm worried."

"Me too."