6

Hope you guys enjoy!!!

Isabella's pov.

Damon goes to answer the door as Elena, Stefan, and I sit in the living room of the Salvatore house. There's some history on the Lockwood's that Alaric knows about. Before Caroline's attack Mason and Tyler got into some trouble making Damon suspicious of them.

Alaric Elena's history teacher walks through the door Damon following right after him.

"Thanks for coming, Ric. Can I get you something to drink? Coffee, bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?" Damon teases Alaric.

"Elena mentioned you needed my help." Alaric ignores his comment sitting next to me on the couch across from Stefan and Elena. I glance at him the same time he glances at me offering him a small smile.

"Good to see you Isabella." He nods to me with a smile. I nod back.

"Good to see you to Alaric. Is the vampire hunting hobby going great?"He nods back with a grin.

"We were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family." Stefan gets straight to the point.

"Now, why would I know anything about the Lockwood's?"

"Well, you wouldn't. But your dead, not-dead vampire wife might." Damon tells him with a grin.

" Isobel's research from when you guys were at Duke together." Elena reminds Alaric.

"You said that she had spent years researching this town." Stefan follows up on Elena's statement. I sit on the couch closing my eyes as I listen to their conversation.

"Isobel's research here in Mystic Falls rooted in folk lores and legends but at the time I thought much of which was fiction." Alaric replies.

" Like that amazing vampire story." Damon concludes with a sarcastic tone pretending to be interested. I smile feeling Alaric smile as well.

"Aside from vampires, what else?" Elena ignores Damon continuing to question Alaric.

"The lycanthrope." Alaric responds. I tense at the word.

"Wait, like werewolves?" Elena's voice filled with confusion as I open my eyes.

"No way, impossible, way too Lon Chaney." Damon shakes his head in denial sitting up straighter.

"Is it?" Stefan glances at me. I know he's asking me but no one else notices so I avoid his strong gaze.

"I've been on this planet one hundred and sixty some odd years, never came across one. If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?" Damon questions the room.

I think back to my conversation with Stefan. Oh boy. Mason might be a problem for us.

"Why do you suspect the Lockwoods?" Alaric speaks after a few seconds of silence.

"Because vervain didn't affect the mayor at Founders' Day but the Gilbert device did and it affected his son Tyler." Damon concludes.

"And at the school carnival his uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behavior when he fought with one of the carnival's workers. It suggests it's some sort of a supernatural entity." Stefan continues.

"We were hoping that Isobel's research could help us figure it out, what it is." Elena jumps in as I drift off from the conversation thinking about the past few days. Caroline turning was a surprise and I promised I would teach her how to feed.