Chapter 1-10

Chapter 1

  Summer, 1965.

  Pingcheng University Family House occupies a large area, and most of them are rows of bungalows. The average faculty and staff are allocated a small courtyard with two and a half rooms. The rooms are so small that there is usually not much space left for beds and furniture. The yard is also very small. Planting two trees, stringing up a few ropes for drying clothes and bedding, and putting in a few pickle jars will fill it up.

  Only the dozen or so small buildings in the southeast direction are very spacious. They have two floors, and each floor is over 100 square meters. The living room downstairs is so big that you can play football in it.

  The people who live here are all experts and professors, and all of them are well-known figures.

  Wang Wenguang, the dean of the Chemistry Department of Pingcheng University, lives here. His house is brightly lit at the moment, and a group of intellectuals are talking loudly.

  Although Wang Wenguang is only thirty-nine years old, he is very qualified in terms of qualifications. He returned from overseas with a doctorate at the age of twenty-six. At that time, several domestic universities were competing to recruit him. It was Wang Wenguang's father who said that fallen leaves will return to their roots, so he chose Pingcheng University. .

  Over the years, Wang Wenguang has published a series of very important papers, and has gradually been promoted from a university teacher to an associate professor, professor, and department chair. Each step of the promotion has been very fast, but it is also very safe. Of course, he has also accumulated a lot of contacts. I have made many friends. Most of those here today are teachers from Pingcheng University, and a few are from other units.

  The fan in the living room was whirring, and there were two basins of ice on the teak floor. The Wang family's nanny also brought a large plate of freshly cut watermelon. These people ate watermelon, drank tea, and talked about their own unique insights. They were all very comfortable.

  I don't know when the topic suddenly came up with the political situation.

  At first, everyone didn't dare to say anything, but then an old professor from the chemistry department said angrily, "Those people above are so bureaucracy!"

  As soon as he started, everyone started talking.

  Pingcheng University, like other state institutions, has two sets of leadership teams. One is headed by the president, and the other is headed by the school party committee secretary. The party committees usually play a supporting role in other universities. The president is the soul of a university.

  But this term's school secretary is very young and energetic. Of course, he also has a strong backing. Many of the jobs that originally belonged to the principal have been taken away by him. It would be fine if he did well, but he is a worker, peasant, and soldier college student with a high level of education. The actual situation is very limited, and some things are done a little bit to Ran's displeasure.

  Apart from anything else, the fact that the school secretary deliberately lowered the welfare of teachers in various departments is enough to arouse public outrage!

  The school secretary's surname is Xiao. According to his original words, the country is now in a difficult period. Each of us saves two taels of food a day, which is several kilograms a month. If there are more people, it will be even more impressive!

  The ration for university teachers plus subsidy is fifty kilograms a month. This amount of food is just enough to eat. Many families have seniors and young children, and they have to spend money to buy high-priced food. His suggestion has won everyone's support. The rations are even less. This is not the most irritating thing. In addition to teachers, there are many faculty members in the school, including dozens of party committee leaders and leaders. These people's rations are not deducted. Do you think it's disgusting? nausea?