Chapter 41-50

Chapter 41

  He Qisheng, the principal of Pingcheng University, has been the principal for more than ten years. Not only is he well versed in handling various school affairs, but he also has deep or shallow friendships with leaders in the city and provinces. His many years of career have allowed him to develop the habit of always paying attention. Regarding the political situation, there have been a lot of news events recently. Based on his experience and historical analysis, he believes that the government will take big actions soon. Of course, it will take some time for this unknown wind to blow to Pingcheng. In the end, The smart thing to do is to wait and see.

  But at first glance, the content of the school magazine of the trade union is not surprising. The first column is excerpted from newspaper articles, without changing a word. Of course, there is not a single word of comment. The theme of diligence and thrift in the second column is really What a wonderful choice! Especially since the articles are all based on real people, and these role models are either students or faculty members of the school.

  The third column is the real literary short stories, which have no practical value.

  He who strikes first will gain the upper hand, while those who strike later will be controlled by others. After considering for a few days, Principal He asked his secretary to go to the school printing factory in person and ask them to print 500 more copies of the union's magazine and distribute them to various departments, and to launch a thrifty campaign throughout the school.

  In fact, even without carrying out frugal activities, the lives of most students and faculty members are very simple. One reason is that the supply of materials cannot keep up. Of course, the main reason is that the money on hand is very limited.

  The faculty and staff took Zhao Zhenzhen's uncle and aunt as an example. Zhou Shuping is a university cafeteria employee, with a monthly salary of thirty-nine yuan, and Zhao Qingshan is also a worker, with a monthly salary of fifty-six yuan. Even their positions are somewhat lucrative, and plus The welfare at the end of last year, the full monthly income is one hundred and twenty yuan. Excluding the necessary expenses at home, it supports three students, one college student and two junior high school students. By the end of the year, the income and expenditure will be even, if not for the children when they were young. After saving some money, they don't have any confidence in their daily life. But even so, Zhou Shuping and Zhao Qingshan are willing to spend some money on food. The couple wears clothes for five or six years. Even now, Zhou Shuping still occasionally wears a pair of clothes. Patch pants to go to work.

  Fortunately, Zhao Lingyu graduated from university and was assigned to a pharmaceutical factory. Because she was a college student, her monthly salary in the first year was more than 50 yuan, which greatly reduced the burden on her family.

  What's more, the conditions of most families are actually not as good as my cousin's family. The couple's income is not high, but they are not burdened by their parents and relatives on both sides. Many faculty and staff families with higher incomes than them are burdened by one side's parents, making their lives a mess.

  As for the students, there are not many whose families are in good condition. Some of them are from ordinary urban families like Zhao Lingyu, and a considerable number of students are admitted from below. Many of them are from the countryside. In addition to the eight yuan of living expenses paid by the school, Not even a penny to spare.

  There are even students whose families are particularly poor, so they have to give eight yuan evenly to their families.

  Under such circumstances, the school called on everyone to be diligent and frugal, which naturally won the support of most teachers and students. When it comes to frugality, most people start with food and clothing. The stir-fried dishes in the university cafeteria are divided into three categories. The first-rate dishes are pure meat dishes, such as roasted yellow croaker, and the second-rate dishes are stir-fried pork slices with cabbage, minced radish and meat. , the cheapest is the third-class dish, which is just a plate of boiled vegetables, with basically no trace of oil star. Many students don't have much budget. Although they feel it's a bit embarrassing to eat third-class food, after the middle of the month, they don't have enough money and food, so they can only buy a third-class food secretly, or even just eat two steamed buns without buying food.