Chapter 61-70

Chapter 61

  When Sister Guo heard the name Ji Dong, she didn't remember who it was, but when she opened the door and took a look, she remembered that this person had been here once with the Wang family.

  Sister Guo looked at him with a bit of disdain and said, "You seem to really like running errands for others, huh? What did you give as a gift?"

  Ji Dong smiled good-naturedly, unloaded the bamboo basket on his back, and said, "Aunt Cao said it was the end of the year, and she was afraid that the eldest sister of the Zhao family would not have time to buy new year's goods, so she asked someone to go to the fishing boat and buy a lot of fish and shrimps. , I specially sent it here!"

  Sister Guo opened the lid and took a look. Sure enough, it was half a basket of fish and shrimp. It looked very fresh, quite big, and in good condition.

  She waved her hand and said, "Hey, that's really hard on you, just leave it here!"

  Cao Lijuan asked someone to buy a lot of seafood this year, and Ji Dong was called to help early this morning. He helped pick out the best fish and shrimps, keeping some for himself, sending some to his grandson and daughter's home, and dividing the rest, preparing to send some to several old friends' homes.

  Ji Dong hurriedly had breakfast at Wang's house and brought it to Zhao Zhenzhen. Snowflakes were still falling outside. He didn't expect that let alone a cup of hot water, he couldn't even enter the house. He was a little surprised and a little disappointed at the same time. He pointed at Said the yard hose, "Can I wash my hands?"

  Sister Guo shook her head and said, "I'm so sorry, it's so cold and the water pipes are frozen! You should go back early!"

  Ji Dong was stunned, and suddenly realized that he had said something stupid again.

  The outdoor temperature has been very low recently, and the water pipes in every household are frozen. Even if you wrap them with sponges and old cloths outside, you still need to boil water before using them the next day. After the water is connected, it will start to freeze again in an hour or two at most. Frozen.

  He nodded sheepishly, turned around and left.

  Sister Guo happily brought the basket to the kitchen.

  The snow was getting heavier and heavier. Zhao Zhenzhen led four or five colleagues out of a house. Zhang Lulu rubbed her hands and said, "It's really cold. Grandma Zhao's house doesn't even light the stove. The room is like an ice cellar." ! I think we don't need to hesitate, we should give her one target!"

  According to Team Leader Chen, their working group ransacked many people's homes this year and made a lot of money. Although most of them were handed over to the government, a small number were left to their own devices. At the end of the year, in order to show the working group's intentions, In order to benefit the broad masses of working people, each unit is specifically asked to select some particularly needy families and provide them with certain New Year subsidies.

  Although most of the families in Pingcheng University Family Home are relatively well-off, there are actually many families in need, and the majority of them are elderly people living alone.

  Zhao Zhenzhen stamped her feet and said, "Let's record it first. After we find out everyone's situation, we can discuss it when we go back!"

  The Grandma Zhao that Zhang Lulu mentioned is the family member of a logistics worker at their university. Her husband passed away a long time ago. The university gives Grandma Zhao ten yuan every month, which is not enough for food.