chapter one (Job Hunting)

At home, Grace a worried mother, paced in the parlor, noticing the time slipping away, her daughter Eva was still asleep, and the job hunt awaited. Grace went to Eva's room, determined to rouse her daughter Eva. She flung open the door, and a silver of morning light illuminated the room."Eva wake up! You'll be late for job hunting".
Grace's voice was a gentle mix of urgency and concern, because her daughter Eva has been relying on her to get everything she needs even handbags and shoes. Eva groggily opened her eyes. "Mum, do I have to get a job?" She pleaded her voice husky from sleep. Grace's expression softened but her resolve remained firm. "You need to get up and prepare for the job hunting because you can't rely on me forever", but mum do I have to Eva asked her mom again, "yes you have to what if I die tomorrow? how will you cope?, it won't be easy. That's why I want you to get up right now and prepare for job hunting".
Eva sighed, "Mum stop saying that you know that I don't like it when you always say that", Eva told her mum, then if you want me to stop saying that act more mature and go look for work. "Even if you work as a cleaner I don't mind. You'll be paid and can buy some of the basic things you need yourself". With that, Grace left the room, heading to her room to prepare for work.
   Eva was in her room dressing for the job hunt when her boyfriend Liam called her, "Hello Liam, I've been waiting for your call" Eva said pouting, "I am sorry I haven't called you" Liam said, "Eva I actually called you to tell you something important" Liam said. "I'm all ears" Eva said. "I don't want you to feel upset about what I am about to tell you" Liam said, " Liam hope everything is okay" Eva asked a little bit worried, "everything is okay buh I just want us to end this relationship between us because I don't feel anything for you instead I feel angry whenever I see you" Liam said "you must be joking right?, Liam just tell me it's a joke or you are pranking me" Eva replied panicking. Eva I am really sorry if I broke your heart, Liam said and hung up. Eva was feeling devastated buh she has to be strong and let him go because it will actually be useless begging him and she doesn't want to be seen as a cheap girl.
      Mum I am ready for the job hunt, Eva said. "Wow you look stunning dear come and have your breakfast before going for the job hunt" Grace said, "mum I am not hungry" Eva said preparing to leave "I hope you know that job hunting is stressful and if you don't have your breakfast now I don't know when you would eat again" Grace said worriedly " mum I promise you I will be fine" Eva assured her mom "if you say so dear". "Should I drop you off at lumina enterprises" Grace asked Eva, "Sure mum" Eva replied.
Eva stormed into the lobby of lumina enterprises, determined to make a good impression. But as she rushed to the elevator, she collided with a tall, impressing figure. Her apology was met with a scathing glare from the CEO, Ethan. "Watch where you're going, carelessly bumping into people", he growled, his voice low and menacing. Eva's eyes flashed with defiance."I said I was sorry, but you don't have to be so ride about it" Ethan's expression turned glacial. "You're lucky I'm in a hurry, or I'd make you apologize properly. You're probably here for the interview, right? Well, let me tell you something miss...?"   "Eva", she replied her voice firm. "Miss Eva, you're not impressing me so far. And if you can't even handle a scene, I doubt you'll last a day in this company". With that, Ethan turned with anger , leaving Eva seething with anger and embarrassment.