Don't Blame Me: Part I - T. Shimura

(Content Meter: Angst)

Song:

"Don't Blame Me" – Taylor Swift

"My name is whatever you decide

And I'm just gonna call you mine

I'm insane, but I'm your baby,

Echoes of your name inside my mind

Halo, hiding my obsession

I once was poison ivy, but now I'm your daisy"

– Taylor Swift

Siren's blasted outside the building as gurneys upon gurneys of injured people were rushed in. The hospital was busier than normal. No matter how many patients were checked in and taken to the back, more just kept on coming. Working in a busy environment was a normal occurrence for a hospital, especially since humanity was that fragile. People make dumb decisions. Sometimes people were just very unlucky or were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Unfortunately, that was the case today.

Medical staff ran from one side to the other. There was no empty space available in the hospital for how many bodies were brought inside. Nurses and doctors jumped from patient to patient because of the villain attack that happened a couple of hours ago. It was the weekend and apparently the notorious Paranormal Liberation Front was at it again. A few blocks down, two members broke into a hero agency and caused mayhem. Buildings collapsed into smithereens, turning to dust, decaying anything it touched. As blue flames traveled through traffic, burning pedestrians, taking many unlucky lives. The attack had been extremely close to the hospital and since this hospital was the closest to the injured, an influx of ambulances made their way here first.

Thanks to the good heroes of Japan, the hospital was protected from the debris and chaos that erupted from the misfit bandits.

Though that could not be said for all the people who were rushed in with grave injuries. Heroes tended to grab as many people as they could to save, it was honorable. However, there were a lot of missed and rushed protocols that resulted in more injuries to these poor souls. Fortunately, this is where the trained medical staff came into play. Musutafu Memorial Hospital was at the top of the country for a reason. It had the best trained professionals for years in the running. Only exceptional people were hired here. If anyone wanted to become someone in the medical field, this is the hospital they aimed for. The hospital team at Musutafu Memorial were at the top of their graduating class from all around the world. There were many exceptional doctors and nurses. Every position at the hospital was filled with the top notch of applicants.

On days like these, it proved to be picky because everything always ran smoothly. The mortality rate was lower than any other hospital in the world. They were that serious.

Every employee was an exemplary trophy to the hospital, and there was one individual who excelled the most even amongst this top group of medical professionals. Luckily for the hospital they found a rarity gold diamond amongst other white diamonds. She was exceptional, it made the most difference when it came to situations like these.

She was a humble civilian, whose quirk exceeded even Recovery Girl herself. Though her moral compass could be argued that it was odd at times. Her motto was always, 'I save lives regardless of who people are', to a lot of people that was admirable. Mostly to the citizens of Japan. However, there were others who couldn't completely agree, like the hero commission and certain heroes because she always tended to save villains who didn't, in their eyes, deserve a helping hand. Yes, even hospitals were tainted by an ideology to let someone die if they did not deserve a chance. However, she did not believe in this. This fascinating rare of woman, with tons and tons of medical awards, and years of experience could not be controlled by this ideology of theirs. Everyone needed her more than she needed them. And the commission would rather have her at a hospital working to save people than to have her as an enemy.